Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2nd batch glass flowers

Posted by cnm1 6Oh (My Page) on
Mon, May 7, 12 at 5:56

I just finished my second batch of glass flowers and am really happy with them. I have been experimenting with different backings. I think my favorite is drilling through a spoon.

Here is a link that might be useful: More glass flowers

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2nd batch glass flowers

Very pretty. Is that a light bulb? How did you attach it?
Drilling through a spoon? I'd love more details.
The innovation never ends.
Kathy

o

Yes that is vintage christmas light of my mom's - I have mason jar full in green and orange ones. It is glued to a tiny tea cup from my childhood set using auto goop. I really try to reuse stuff I have lying around. I realize that while I might like this stuff most will get thrown out when I die!!! The cup is jadite and I debated using it but this way I actually get to see it instead of it sitting in a closet

o

Oh, I love seeing them in your gardens...that 'trio' among the pink blooms is lovely! You've used some very beautiful glassware & combined it all beautifully! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Those are great The one with the Christmas light is really unique...great job!

o

I liked all the flowers, ,the 1 with Christmas bulb & the blue are my favorites, I love your garden path & all the stuff you have along it. TFS Jan

o

The flowers are great, I love this idea. I never would have thought about using an ashtray...when I stop to think how many have been thrown out over the years while living with my parents.
What type of glue or epoxy do you use to attach the backing?

o

• Posted by sorie6 5 colorado (My Page) on
    Tue, May 22, 12 at 21:28

They are all so pretty I can't pick a favorite.
I also love your path! tfs

o

• Posted by cnm1 6 Oh (My Page) on
    Wed, May 23, 12 at 11:52

I love using those old ashtrays. I have the word out with TS friends to keep their eyes open for more!! I like that something that was related to a unhealthy habit is now made into something pretty. I prefer drilling but I am also using GE silicone glue or auto goop depending on project. My basement is filled with glass now. Kinda scary
I also found a batch of runway and traffic light lenses at a TS on a 50% day!! Not super cheap but 2.50 for 13 in and 1.25 for 8 inch in very bright colors (red yellow and blue). YOu should seen the look on my face when I spotted them - pure bliss

o

I am so making some of these next week when I'm off! I just finished repairing all my old totems and making new ones so I will have to go shopping. Darn LOL!
Tally HO!

o

• Posted by cnm1 6 Oh (My Page) on
    Thu, May 31, 12 at 18:30

Have fun Beachplant!! It was my day off and spent it at TS. Need to spend more time making glass flowers and less time buying glass!!
I am looking at making some totems. A friend's friend is moving and has alot of tea pots and glassware she is giving me. Haven't seen any of it yet but am excited to try totems too!! I have a vision of a chair planted with flowers with an end table next to it. On the end table, I see a totem as a faux lamp

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here