Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
gutter nail dragonflies

Posted by trashydj none (My Page) on
Thu, May 31, 12 at 7:13

my stepson gave me some gutter nails to create something and I did dragonflies and am working on butterflies also

Image link: gutter nail dragonflies (38 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: gutter nail dragonflies

Oh wow...I do love me some dragonflies
and these are beautiful! Wish I could
see his face better. Can you tell me
about the eyes?

blessings,
~digger

o

These are cute!
How long are gutter nails? I am not
familiar with those-I have no gutters.

o

Beautiful! They look so graceful, like the real thing.

o

trashy, very, very cute. How about a tutorial?! PLEASE!

o

Dragonflies are my favorite! Would love a little tutorial if you have the time! Cute, cute, cute!

o

the nails are 8 inches long they have a head on them I paint a 1/2 moon for a mouth on top of the headthen find some easy bendable wire wrap a piece around the back of the head and twist to make tight then roll wire all the way down to make eyes then push eyes forward a little then take a piece of wire double the size of nail string beads all the way to the end of the nail take whats left of the wire wrap back upwards in between each bead for the wings I just make 2 alike for each side and slide the other end of the wire
down inside wire where you wrapped the body
if you have any questions just ask will help as much as I can

o

Very nice! Hope to see your butterflies too! TFS Jan

o

Great idea - I have lots of these gutter nails lying about in the shop - may have to try it!

o

Thanks for the instructions!

o

Ditto the thanks. Will be a much fun thing to do with some of my young friends.

o

am glad to share anytime you can also make a smaller version with the drywall screws that another member posted thats what got me started enjoy and any questions I will be happy to try and answer them for you

o

trashydj, spent hours yesterday cleaning my shed, feel ever so virtuous, and in my moving/tossing/consolidating discovered several long bolts I can use to make these and wire which I just hadn't had the heart to toss into the recycling bin. Now will just wait for a visit from some youngsters to make them with me. Thanks again!!

Rosie

o

you all are moxt welcome and would love to see your bolt ones

o

trashy, have postponed making for a couple of weeks. Granddaughter is going to have some oral surgery. Will take all supplies to her home the next day - hoping to distract her from the pain, bless her heart.

o

oh that will help her for sure to feel better and if I can help you just let me know

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here