Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rock_oak_deer

Basket hangers with beads

rock_oak_deer
12 years ago

{{gwi:141407}}

Wire basket hangers with pony beads from a GS. The baskets were a door prize from our spring garden swap. I posted this on Texas forum last week and wanted to share this simple idea here too. They are suspended on loops of electrical wire which doesn't damage trees and stays more stable in the wind.

Shirley

Comments (13)

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Shirley, those baskets are great. I have never seen that type before. Your beads look really neat with them. Good tip on electric wire, too. Thank you for sharing.
    Marylee

• oldcrafty
    12 years ago

Who wouldv'e thought about dressing up the ugly wires of a hanging basket!?!?!?!? That is an awsome idea. With several jars of pony beads from the thrift shop , guess I better get busy. Thanks for sharing and the tip about the electric wire is certainly appreciated too.

• excessfroufrou
    12 years ago

I love the shape of those baskets, really nice and different. I wish we had a garden swap here. Your bead works is lovely and will show up even more, the more blooms you have.
    Frou

• quidam2
    12 years ago

The beads are great!! Wish I had seen that BEFORE I made my "macrame" hanging baskets. The electrical wire is also a great idea!----Sheri

• nonacook
    12 years ago

I have 2 of those 'pointy' hanging baskets!
    And tons of beads.
    And since I used to do macrame, I have hundreds
    of yards of cord left. But even with the macrame,
    you would still need the electrical cord for the limbs.
    Both are great ideas!!!

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Great idea...adds an extra pop of color to your baskets!

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

Garden color even before the flowers bloom!! Good idea & electrical cord loop too. Jan

• rock_oak_deer
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for all your nice comments. DH gets credit for the wire idea when he had to take the baskets down all the time because of the high winds we have here. They sell metal hanging rods at the garden center, but this works and uses stuff that was already in the garage.

Macrame must be making a comeback. I still have some of my stuff so might just pull it out and make something.

• chevy57red
    12 years ago

Super hangers!! Love the beadwork. Now I know what to do with all of the broken hanging baskets!!

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

I love the shape of those baskets and the added beads really add some bling. This would be a great idea for those plain plastic pots that come with hanging baskets at garden centers. Now I'll have to collect some pony beads!

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

Your baskets look very pretty and festive. and thanks for the tips!
    Kathy

• shpnquen
    12 years ago

Well now, I'm thinking I might change out my chains for wire ones with pretty beads now! Talk about an Ah-ha! moment!

• rock_oak_deer
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, everyone! I have seen other beaded wire hangers using fancier beads. I keep the good beads for other projects so when I got a giant box of beads from a GS and sorted out the pony beads that was my "aha" moment. The pony beads fit easily on the wires and I don't really have another good idea for them yet.

Maybe macrame "slip covers" with nylon cord and pony beads for those plastic hanging pots from the garden center.