Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Basket hangers with beads

Posted by rock_oak_deer 8a TX (My Page) on
Tue, May 17, 11 at 9:55

Photobucket

Wire basket hangers with pony beads from a GS. The baskets were a door prize from our spring garden swap. I posted this on Texas forum last week and wanted to share this simple idea here too. They are suspended on loops of electrical wire which doesn't damage trees and stays more stable in the wind.

Shirley

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Basket hangers with beads

Shirley, those baskets are great. I have never seen that type before. Your beads look really neat with them. Good tip on electric wire, too. Thank you for sharing.
Marylee

o

Who wouldv'e thought about dressing up the ugly wires of a hanging basket!?!?!?!? That is an awsome idea. With several jars of pony beads from the thrift shop , guess I better get busy. Thanks for sharing and the tip about the electric wire is certainly appreciated too.

o

I love the shape of those baskets, really nice and different. I wish we had a garden swap here. Your bead works is lovely and will show up even more, the more blooms you have.
Frou

o

The beads are great!! Wish I had seen that BEFORE I made my "macrame" hanging baskets. The electrical wire is also a great idea!----Sheri

o

I have 2 of those 'pointy' hanging baskets!
And tons of beads.
And since I used to do macrame, I have hundreds
of yards of cord left. But even with the macrame,
you would still need the electrical cord for the limbs.
Both are great ideas!!!

o

Great idea...adds an extra pop of color to your baskets!

o

Garden color even before the flowers bloom!! Good idea & electrical cord loop too. Jan

o

Thanks for all your nice comments. DH gets credit for the wire idea when he had to take the baskets down all the time because of the high winds we have here. They sell metal hanging rods at the garden center, but this works and uses stuff that was already in the garage.

Macrame must be making a comeback. I still have some of my stuff so might just pull it out and make something.

o

Super hangers!! Love the beadwork. Now I know what to do with all of the broken hanging baskets!!

o

I love the shape of those baskets and the added beads really add some bling. This would be a great idea for those plain plastic pots that come with hanging baskets at garden centers. Now I'll have to collect some pony beads!

o

Your baskets look very pretty and festive. and thanks for the tips!
Kathy

o

Well now, I'm thinking I might change out my chains for wire ones with pretty beads now! Talk about an Ah-ha! moment!

o

Thanks, everyone! I have seen other beaded wire hangers using fancier beads. I keep the good beads for other projects so when I got a giant box of beads from a GS and sorted out the pony beads that was my "aha" moment. The pony beads fit easily on the wires and I don't really have another good idea for them yet.

Maybe macrame "slip covers" with nylon cord and pony beads for those plastic hanging pots from the garden center.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here