Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
garden gal head

Posted by garden2garden z8 FL (My Page) on
Sat, May 4, 13 at 10:18

Probably 10 years ago I bought a case of these glass globes for almost nothing, at an auction. They were a 'make your own snow globe kit'. I've had more fun with them, made some garden globes/tea light holder, a mirror ball...

anyway...last week we were at the dump and ds was gathering things for his scrap pile and came across a pole lamp of which the hat is the part the bulb sat in.

The sunflower got broke off when the dogs ran over it in the garden and the little chinese symbol was part of an on old wind chime I had intended to fix years ago and have since lost all the other parts to. I thought it might make a nice choker neclace for her when I figure out the rest.

I love it when a plan comes together, lol.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: garden gal head

Cute idea, could use, chain or cord for the necklace & o ring to add the Chinese thing. She looks very cute, might put her up higher than plant in planter & if plant drapes(wave petunias or whatever) that could be her dress. She's a keeper! TFS Jan

o

What a beautiful garden lady! Isn't it wonderful when you find that you have just the "right" piece for your creations? TYFS JLily

o

What a great idea to use the lamp as a hat. I've got an old ceiling lamp that is very similar int he cellar somewhere. I never saw it as a hat! Thanks.
Kathy

o

That is so cute! I love it!

o

I really like your Garden Gal. She is cute and creative. Thank you for sharing. Marylee

o

Good lookin' garden lady there!

o

Very nice! :) I have been creating a 'garden lady' too so it's nice to see what other people use for their 'ladies'. :)

o

Beautiful little garden lady. Great use of the items.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here