Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Still gardening at 89

Posted by rock_oak_deer 8a TX (My Page) on
Sat, May 28, 11 at 10:52

This wonderful story was posted on the Texas Forum and there's so much y'all would love I've linked it here for you.

When I'm 89, I want visitors to find me working in the garden too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Billie's Rockport Garden

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Still gardening at 89

I want to be Billie when I grow up! Love her garden. Thanks for sharing!

o

Wonderful! I am on my way to Texas, to visit a fellow Garden Junk Gal I met here on this forum!!!! Slowmedown. She posts her garden art on the stainedglass/mosaics forum, it is worth checking out! Yup, Those Texas Gals, they are quit something!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Slowmedown

o

Thanks calam, I'm glad you enjoy our gardening style down here in Texas. I remember your master gardener's tour from a few weeks ago and that your gardening style seemed very different to them. Since you love garden junk, you'll love Texas and find lots of great ideas here too.

I've been following both yours and slowmedown's amazing projects for some time now. Next week I'm planning to start posting progress pics on my first mosaic which is also a garden junk project. It's small, but an interesting project for me so I'm excited to get started.

Enjoy your visit to Texas!

BTW, it's hot here so be prepared.

o

Have a good trip Calamity!
We will want to hear about it!
Get you 2 together and things may HAPPEN!!!! LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here