Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rock_oak_deer

Great GJ on Austin Garden tour!

rock_oak_deer
12 years ago

Check out the GJ in this garden that will be on the Master Gardener's tour in Austin this weekend. Some great ideas here.

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Junk on Tour

Comments (14)

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

rock oak deer, that is a wonderful link. So many ideas and I love them all. That fence of letter R's is so neat and so simple. The tumbling pots and metal chairs, the water feature, the plates...I liked everything I saw.
    Marylee

• excessfroufrou
    12 years ago

Let's see where to start, love the quote plates, the Rs, orange chairs (I have a black pair just like), and the watercan fountain. It's great blog, thanks for sharing.
    Frou

• rock_oak_deer
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I especially love that they are celebrating the GJ as part of a garden tour. Austin is great for their approach to stuff like this and so is San Antonio where I live. Austin has a separate yard art tour, but it trends to the creepy side of GJ.

Pam regularly posts about fun gardens on her "Digging" blog, one of the many reasons I check in daily.

Here's another fun garden visit she recently posted.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lucinda's garden

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

That is a wonderful blog...thanks, rock oak...I've never seen a red bloom on a Yucca either...white here. Love the blue theme she used...chair, table, pots...& that watering can on a fence w/pump from the galvanized tub below...very rustic! Love it! TFS! Jeanne S.

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

rock oak deer, another wonderful link. I like the children's chairs hung on the building. Also the plate border. And the flowers are gorgeous.
    Marylee

• rock_oak_deer
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jeanne - We call them red yucca around here, but they are in the agave family and technically not yucca at all. They are unusual for agave since they bloom annually. In your zone you probably see the white blooming yucca we call Spanish Bayonet most often. It's very pretty yucca bloom and always a surprise in cold climates, but they are very hardy.

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

Both great gardens! I love Lucinda's cottage. What a gorgeous purple! Rebecca's awesome orange rockers would look great in Lucinda's garden. Love Lucinda's cantina area too. Both very creative. Thanks for sharing, rock!

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

Both gardens are so interesting, love all the places you can stop & rest awhile & take in the great GJ & wonderful colors! TFS Jan

• jwahlton
    12 years ago

I want those orange rocking chairs!!!!!

• nonacook
    12 years ago

Thanks for the wonderful garden tours!
    Lots of good things.

• oldcrafty
    12 years ago

Enjoyed both tours. Sooooo makes me want to grab a can of paint on my way out!

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

Wonderful gardens! What an inspiration. I looked at 3 and will return to the blog for more. TFS.
    Tx is far away from me but I have been to both Austin and San Antonio and thought they were great towns.
    Kathy

• shpnquen
    12 years ago

Very fascinating to see! Cute garden decor ideas all over!!

• rock_oak_deer
    Original Author
    12 years ago

So glad to see that you are all enjoying the blog and garden tours. Pam has posted her visits to many gardens around the country so keep checking the "Digging" archives as well.

Kathy - That's great that you enjoyed our area when you visited. In 1997 we were transferred from San Antonio to Boston and it was definitely a big adjustment for us. We thoroughly enjoyed the years we spent in New England taking in all the history and beauty of the area.

Sponsored