Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Distracting from the well-head

Posted by gail_ish 5a ON (My Page) on
Mon, May 9, 11 at 11:43

Hi all,

I have the well head right beside the house, so I wanted to decorate it a bit. I have all these enamel pots that I found around the farm (most with red edging), so I paired them with my old trike & a wagon. To work with the white theme, I've piled my collection of quartz rocks that I've found around the farm, I even have a pink one (that big one on the bottom left). The pot with a spout is perched on the centre of an old wagon wheel - I planted it (after the picture was taken) with red hens & chicks & golden creeping jenny and have planted the rest with seeds.

Here's a pic:
Photobucket

Cheers,
Gail

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Distracting from the well-head

You have quite the collection of items there Gail! Bet they are really going to look great when your seeds sprout and you have flowers in them as well. Love the one with the spout especially and the wagon and trike! TFS!

o

Wow! Lots of "finds" on your farm! Those old enamel pots look great w/your wagon & trike & what a camoflage for your well! Love the rocks you've found too & added to the vignette! Yup, looks great now & will look ever better w/blooming flowers! (did you make sure you punched a few holes in the bottom for drainage...I've learned my lesson on doing that.) TFS, gail! Jeanne S.

o

You did a great job of changing the focal point!! Those white pots will look so lovely with flowers! Love it.--Sheri

o

What an interesting solution.

I can just imagine the pots overflowing with red and white flowers.

What seeds did you sow?

o

Nice little vignette to hide an eyesore (and probably something that is easy to trip over). I like how everything ties together with a common color scheme even though they are such an odd assortment of pieces. Be sure to post a picture when the flowers are blooming!

o

Looks great, no more tripping over that cement! Love all the old pots & the wooden wagon! Jan

o

You've turned the well head into a stage for Gj. Great job.
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here