Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shpnquen

the high's and low's of my garage sale adventures

shpnquen
12 years ago

I decided to hit some garage sales on Thur at the last minute. After driving around just to find these sales & not getting anything once I did get there, I finally hit a few sales of good stuff. My most favorite treasure was a large older mirror. It was nothing extremely fancy, but it had some minimal carved detail around it for some interest. It was in good shape and only $3 & it's around 3 ft tall.

Here is the before picture...

{{gwi:142036}}

Close up of frame detail

{{gwi:142037}}

My plan was to paint the gold frame a two-tone antique white & beige & I was going to flip the mirror around so that the backside would be what you see & I was going to paint it with chalkboard paint. This way, if you wanted a chalkboard, you could have that or change it back around to still use the mirror. I got it home, took it apart & started the painting process. I go pick up my 7 yr old daughter from school & warn her to not touch it or the other stuff on the coffee table. Less than hour later, I hear this odd sounding POP & instantly KNOW what just happened! She's darting out of the room like a bullet from a gun. She broke my mirror. She stood on the mirror to see herself from a different perspective. Even though there's 3 acres of woods between our house & the neighbors, I'm sure they heard me plain as my child did. I just called to price a mirror replacement & it's going to be $35 +/-. I guess I'm wondering what I can use now to make it just a chalkboard? any suggestions? ~*sigh!*

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County