Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
excessfroufrou

Easy Breezy Stained Glass

excessfroufrou
12 years ago

I found this stained glass translucent adhesive at a TS for really cheap. I had a pair of these mirrors in the garden for a couple of years now, so I decided to spruce them up. I realize this may not last forever, but I have them in a shady spot and I wrapped the edges around to seal them. I like the way they turned out, especially for $2.

Frou

{{gwi:142043}}

{{gwi:142044}}

Comments (15)

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Frou, That is so nice. You are really creative to think of using the mirrors for this project. It looks so good in your garden. Is that a Rose of Sharon bush? - Marylee

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

That does look really COOL! Beautiful on that board fence! Love the design & colors! Great idea! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

VERY cool! I'll bet the colors look awesome in the garden...great idea!

• User
    12 years ago

That's beautiful showing through the bush. I found something similar on line and you really did get a good deal.

Here is a link that might be useful: stained glass film

• garden2garden
    12 years ago

It's beautiful! I LOVE the colors. I was looking at some of that stuff in a hardware store. It was not cheap originallly, lol. Never thought to put it on a mirror. LOVE what you've done with it!

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

Great Idea! I would be tempted to cut it up to shapes I wanted!!! Do you seal/spray the back of the mirrors so they last longer outside?

• nanatricia
    12 years ago

That is so cool!!!

• quidam2
    12 years ago

I really like it and it looks fantastic on the fence!! What a great idea!!-----Sheri

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

Wow! That turned out very well! Looks great against the wood fence and brightens up a shady area. Great idea!

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

Beautiful & what a deal for $2. Looks wonderful in garden! Jan

• organizedsarah
    12 years ago

Wow Your garden area looks like my memorial garden! My fence looks JUST like yours, but I don't have a pretty, colorful mirror in MY garden! I'm jealous!

You did a great job. I love it being a mirror vs. just glass because you can enjoy the reflection of your plants as they blow in the breeze which doubles the movement and texture of your garden! GREAT idea! And cheap, too!!!

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

Great idea, very pretty.
    Kathy

• excessfroufrou
    Original Author
    12 years ago

It really was an easy project, I really like instant gratification. Marylee, that is a Rose of Sharon, I never heard them called that till I was an adult, we always called them Altheas. Grannytoo, after seeing your link to my exact paper for $65.00 a roll, I think I may go back and pick up the other 5 rolls at $2 each. I suspected it was something good because it was made in Germany.
    Frou

• oldcrafty
    12 years ago

That is very pretty on your fence. What a great idea and what an exceptional find at the TS

• gottatry
    12 years ago

Frou, now how cool is that! Right place at the right time----lucky you! HMMM---I have a "few" mirrors in one of the closets. And lots of transparent stained glass!!! Another project in the mind I think. :)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES