Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Garden Buddies

Posted by lamb716 (My Page) on
Tue, May 25, 10 at 13:23

Found this alert pair at Sally A's (Salv. Army) last year. They love keeping an eye on my garden & people dropping by...and furry little critters as well. I tried to research their origin but didn't have any luck. I'm guessing from the 50's maybe? They're quite at home on the back porch.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/Mardell/Bike006.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Garden Buddies

Ooops, try this.

Photobucket

o

They look very lovely with your potted plants ...love the colors & detail! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Terrific color! Great find!

o

I'd be guessing the 1950s during the craze for Oriental style decorations brought on by the popularity of the musical "Anna & the King of Siam." These gals have a 50s look about them. Great find and I love the colors too!

o

They are beautiful. I thought Anna and the King of Siam also.
Kathy

o

What a bargain!

o

Too beautiful. LOVE that aqua color!

o

I remember seeing those in black with gold & I think either aqua or cream. They were quite popular & I think it was 50's also. Jan

o

I've never heard of that movie before. Thanks. The one on the left is the lady, and the other is actually a man!

o

I remember my mom having them - in the late 50's I think.
Good memories !!! They look great with your plants :)

o

Well they are the right color for the 50's Aqua. Maybe she is Tuptin and he is Lun Tha the young lovers from the movie The King and I, I loved that movie especially the music and lyrics.

Great Memories of the 50's

Nanagrandma

o

Very pretty! I was wondering why the gal on the right was flat chested. lol! They are a gorgeous color. I agree, they are probably from the 50s - right style and color.

o

I love porcelian figurines from the past. I also have a gal that sports an asian styled gown but with a more western hairdo.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here