Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
rooster totem

Posted by oldcrafty 8 (My Page) on
Thu, May 19, 11 at 13:54

This is the totem that the bottom piece fell off of. Originally it was on an upside down vase for putting in the garden. It was to be a mothers day gift to my aunt. She is always afraid to put things in the yard for fear someone will steal it, in my mind oh well maybe they needed it more than I did, besides an excuse to make another one!! Anyway, I asked if she would rather have it made so she can put it in the house, with all her other rooster collectables, and shewas glad I could change it and make it for in the house.

rooster totem

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: rooster totem

oldcrafty, that is really nice. I am sure your aunt will enjoy it. It shows that everything happens for a reason.

With regard to your earlier post, I use GE Silicone 11 clear..it is called Premium Silicone Glue and the tube has an apple greene stripe on it. It has worked for me so far.
Marylee

o

Looks like something to "crow" about! Great switch-a-roo for your aunt. Nice work! Jeanne S.

o

I really like that and know your Aunt will love it with her other rooster things.

I use the same glue as Marylee and never had a problem. Love that stuff. Plus its not that hard to take apart if needed, just run a razor blade around the piece. Then clean off excess with razor blade also.

hugs, Karen

o

Lovely! The red on his head & the red plate beneath him compliment each other perfectly! A great totem for LR ,DR, porch or entry! Nice save! Jan

o

Oh My Gosh!! He is SO wonderful! What an awesome rooster and the pieces of glassware go perfectly with him! LOVE it!

o

i love all things rooster and this is gorgeous! i bet she loves it!

o

Great combination the colors are perfect. So nice of you to give you aunt a Mothers day gift.
Kathy

o

I think it's outstanding!! The colors of the pieces are wonderful & compliment the bird perfectly!

o

I LOVE this! So bright and cheerful.

RE: GE silicone...How does that one differ from GE 11 silicone
for windows and doors? I've never seen the premium one.

o

This is wonderful! I know your aunt had to be thrilled with this gift. A great rooster topper and wonderful color combinations.

o

Yes, I love the colors! Good job on making it all look so nice together! I love roosters.----Sheri

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here