Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It's a ' WHATZIT '

Posted by toomuchglass 53172 (My Page) on
Fri, May 21, 10 at 14:01

I bought this "thing" at the GW yesterday .... I don't know what it is, but I had to have it ! LOL ( How many times have we all said that ? )

A lady in the checkout line asked me what it is - I told her I don't have a clue . For some reason - I got the funniest look ~~~ :-P

It's a BIG (20" high & wide) wire heart - that folds in half . I don't understand why it folds . Now I just have to JAZZ IT UP.... somehow . Anyway - here it is - my newest WHATZIT . ....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It's a ' WHATZIT '

It sure is cute, whatever it is. Since it folds, it would make me want to stick it in a corner. I don't know what for or why. Anyhoo, I would have bought it too.
Frou

o

Filigree angel wings. If your wings don't fold you can't fly...

o

Oh yeah....I would SO have bought it!

o

I definitely would have bought it too! I'm sure its just wall art, and folds to store easily. What a cool find. I can't wait to see what you do with it!

hugs, Karen

o

My first hunch was a trellis, that you could bend in 1/2 so it would fit in a pot better. I can just see some simple Ivy or any herbs that trail, wind their way through the hearts. Or string lights on it for Valentines day?

o

It's definitely an "angel garden stake" to go in front of your wonderful fence of flowers! You just need long turned spindle & a wood ball for face & do your painting on it! A "garden angel!" Great find! (I like gardentogarden's reply above!) Jeanne S.

o

Oh yeah ------- you got my wheels turning now !!!
(((((((( Hugs ))))))))))))

o

I can see why you bought it. It is irresistable. It would be pretty just hanging on your fence but I do like the idea of angel wings. Be sure to post an "after" picture.

o

Great find!! I would have bought it also! Could be garden sign "Garden of Love" "Love abounds in my garden" something like that!! Have fun with it!! Jan

o

turn it upside down and you have a tulip for the garden fence....

o

Saw your post the other day & ODDLY, there was one at the auction I went to yesterday... it's a photo holder! I almost bought it for my garden. Went too high - $3. (I'm a SCROOGE! lol)
I just thought you & everyone else would appreciate knowing.

o

A Photo holder !!!!!!!!!!! WOW - I would have never guessed. Giggles1 -- you are a great detective !!!!! LOL
Thanks for the info !!!!!!!!

o

LOVE IT!! It would like great on your fence!!!

o

I have one that is simular to that, It used to be a plant
stand I took apart and I use mine in the garden to brace up tall flowers. looke great there....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here