Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

It's a small world

toomuchglass
13 years ago

How many times have you said that ?

I've oficially worn that phrase out - especially since I found the internet. I bought some glass from a guy on Craig's list yesterday - when I went to pick it up he asked about my last name - turns out he knew my BIL . Because of that - he loaded me up on even MORE glass and gave me some mirrors for my projects !! LOL

( I feel some Glass on Glass mosaics coming up ! )

.............then ............

My neighbor , Irene , came over to borrow my lawn mower. She started telling me how nice my crafty stuff looked in my yard . I mentioned my next endevor is welding. Her jaw dropped open - she took a step back - and gasped

"OMG !! Years ago I ran a machine shop and I welded steel art statues ! " Can you imagine 2 old ladies all excited & laughing their butts off & talking about welding ?? LOL

I swear - this world gets smaller ( and more fun ) everyday ~~~ !

Comments (13)

• socalliegal
    13 years ago

I WANNA TAKE WELDING TOO......wah...

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Me too. The other day DH said, I'm thinking about buying a welding machine. I said, what ever for? I can't let him know that I want one really bad. Garden junk and welding must not have connected in his mind yet. I'll give him a few days and bring it up again. You are so lucky.
    Frou

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

You gals make me laugh !!!!!! LOL .... It's by no means glamorous - that's for sure ! Here's a pic of my son & I on Mother's day last year - when he taught me to weld.
    ( That was my mother's day gift ) *** That helmet is an attractive accessory with grey hair , dontcha think ? LOLOLLL ****

{{gwi:142612}}

• kudzukween
    13 years ago

very pretty! now all you need to do is have some craft welding classes in your garage a few nights a week and make some $$$$ to buy more stuff...lol! oh, wonder if you can paint the welders helmets? maybe purple? lime green? hehe that's what i'd do!
    kudzu/cherry

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

PLEASE!!! Anybody reading this >>>>> DO NOT attempt to produce any kind of Garden Junk...without the proper safety gear!!!!

• aka_strawberrygoat
    13 years ago

{{gwi:142615}}

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

You girls are just crazy! Too funny! And, yes, the world gets smaller all the time! You go toomuch!

• liljunkr
    13 years ago

toomuchglass

I remember that pic it was posted shortly after I started lurking next to coloredthumb (CT). I don't know if you knew how happy coloredthumb was you had the intestinal fortitude to go for it. She was my inspiration in the world of garden junk/art. She and her DH teamed up and taught me so much.
    I'm sure she is watching over us, pumping a fist yelling "Women Welders Rule! Now get out there and do something!"

LIL

• nonacook
    13 years ago

I remember coloredthumb and her projects!
    I also remember Lucy and her 'lucy doodles' when
    I think of welding. I still have Bill's welder,
    just no skills........Wish some of you welders
    lived close enough to come and use it!

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

Oh man...don't get me sidetracked with my wanna learn list...welding is right up there! So is rock painting & glass kiln work. There is a Garden here Called "Barton and Leir" and they have SUPER cool welded stuff decorating their gardens...huge stuff...they also have an old truck planted up...nice...

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

How lucky can you get! Next door neighbor to teach you the finer points of welding. Right tools & protection are a must including enclosed shoes not flip-flops as you may drop something & don't want burnt tootsies! Have fun & let us know your progress!! Jan

• goldenpond
    13 years ago

I can just see the start of a whole new career.
    Wild Women's Welding

will weld for junk!
    lol

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

What fun experiences. Lucky you, you have a welding buddy next door now! Love the picture of you and your son. What a great Mother's Day gift.