Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finally drying up!!

Posted by rafor (My Page) on
Thu, May 26, 11 at 16:04

So now that the rain has stopped, I finally got to get back out in the yard today. Couldn't resist taking some pics so I know there has been some progress in the garden :)

My craigslist find: old barn doors and an old workbench:

Photobucket

some totems in the garden:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finally drying up!!

Lucky you, can't seem to remember what sunshine is like!! We in the Inland part of Washington State are begining to think we got shifted to Seattle. Love your bench if you get tiard of it let me know:)

o

Love the PNW though. Lived in Portland for years and years, but I hear you are having a wet, wet year.

o

Sorry about the wet year....Here in the Florida panhandle we are having a drought. We had a couple of rainy days in March, 3/4 of an inch in April, one rainly day the middle of May, and about half a dozen drops today--not enough to wet my shirt!
I lived 2 years in Kirkland, Washington a long time ago.
Love the doors and totems!

o

Cool find on the old doors & workbench!
That will acquire lots of goodies as the summer passes!
You've been busy even if the weather has been crude! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Awesome doors! I wish Texas would start getting more rain. We are about 11 under the norm here.

o

Love your door and bench. Totems are very pretty.
We are supposed to see the sun this weekend. I hope so.
Marylee

o

• Posted by Dort none (My Page) on
    Fri, May 27, 11 at 10:25

Those doors are awesome! I want some. =) Craigslist is such a fun place to shop.

We've had what seems like 100 inches of rain here in Michigan this spring. Everything is soaked and flooded and gloomy. I miss the sunshine too.

o

Yep, the rain has passed through Wisconsin too. Haven't been able to work in the garden yet because of it.

Great find on the work bench and barn doors! Love that rustic old look including that cool hook for your tools! And beautiful totems! I will have to look for some piping to hold some that I plan to make. Are yours real copper or an imitation?

o

Wonderful! The barndoors are beautiful and the perfect spot for your cool tool holder. Isn't it great to be out in the garden again.
VT is getting slammed with rain now. I hpe NH is not next. We got just enough yesterday to cool off. 80 degrees and higher in May just isn't the norm for us.
But I just love this time of year.
Kathy

o

LOVE the barn doors and their color is great!! Your bench is cool too and your totems are lovely and the columbine is beautiful!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here