Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Huge butterfly

Posted by oldcrafty 8 (My Page) on
Wed, May 23, 12 at 16:18

Does anyone know how to find the posting from sometimes last year of a huge butterfly for the yard. It was made on a frame and had fabric draped to create the wings that would flutter in the breeze? I thought I clipped it but guess I failed to do so and now can't seem to find it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Huge butterfly

At the bottom of the discussions page there is a
search box. I put 'butterflies' in it and 8 pages
came up. I looked at several, but did not have time
to go through them all. Maybe if you look there...

o

Same here...I actually looked through them all last night Plus tried every other search term that crossed my mind. Came up with zilch. Even google was not forthcoming. Bummer. Hoping someone here remembers the post. It's beyond frustrating to be all geared up to start a project and not be able to locate it.

blessings,
~digger

o

I think you may be talking about my butterfly.

becky

Butterfly Garden Stake

o

wow that was shocking to see, yet beautiful. I like

o

That is one.awesome.butterfly.

o

YEP......that's it!!!! Yippee. I could remember it being awsome. So how do I find your old post for directions? Or could you post them again? I knew I'd get help if I asked. Such a great group to be involved with!
THANKS to all and especially Becky.

o

Beautiful butterfly! Looks the the Queen of butterflies.

I believe my yard could use one of those. Thank you for sharing! Jlily

o

Yep -- this is a wonderful group !!

o

Hi again,

This butterfly is made from an outdoor fence post purchased at a local lumberyard. I painted it first, and then mosaicked with glass tiles, mirror tile, 1/2 marbles and crash glass. The wings are a flexible tubing (like a hullahoop cut in half) with golf balls on the ends painted purple. The cloth wings took about five yards of fabric using a cardboard template as a pattern. My husband created a base to use so we can move it and bring her indoors when the weather is bad. We put her out when we are having an outdoor party or garden tour.

becky

Butterfly

o

Oh wow...she's even more lovely up close & personal...
wouldn't have thought that possible. I loved her from
a distance.

o

Lots of work here! Nice to see this again, becky! Great for garden party conversations! Yes, I agree, this is a great group of GJers! Jeanne s.

o

Beautiful!! Lot of work on that post & doing the cloth part but sure worth it! TFS Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here