Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Haven't a clue...

Posted by doodys 9 (My Page) on
Fri, May 20, 11 at 16:21

Don't know what this thing is but just something else he added in case a project hits him..Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Haven't a clue...

I believe that is a cement mixer.

o

I was gonna say, it looks like a cement mixer to me too.

o

It is a cement mixer...my Dad had one just like it!

o

That would have been my guess. Looks like hypertufa time!

o

I would point it upward, mosaic it, plant it and hang bling from the "skirt" around the bottom....or something like that. It has alot of possibilities!! How fun!---Sheri

o

I would love to get a cement mixer. My thoughts are to use it by adding sand and colored broken glass to make tumbled glass. This in turn could be used to mosaic, make jewelry, use wire wrapped around it to embellish hanging items, or ... Many opportunities. Great find! Enjoy.
Sugar

o

Yup, a cement mixer! I used mine to tumble glass like sugarmaple mentioned. It turned out very nice! I saw a yard pic not long ago where they had a lawn chair sitting on a bed of broken pttery (in place of sand or pea gravel or bark). All the pieces had rounded edges so it wasn't sharp to walk on. It looked so pretty with all the colors. I imagined if I did something like that I'd run the pieces around in my cement mixer with some sand...yours is a treasure!

If it is fixable, I'd use it to mix up hypertufa or concrete as suggsted, but if it can't be fixed, I'd paint it a great color (I'm into color right now), fill it with soil and plant it up bigtime! Would make a very unique planter!

o

Oh I would love a cement mixer. Just can't justify buying a new one. Prestonia the pottery "gravel" sounds so pretty! We have so many leaves in the fall its hard to maintain areas of gravel or small pretty things. A lot of what I used to have in the garden gets raked away. That's why I'm now mosaicking. So I can get it to stay in one place!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here