Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bird chandelier

Posted by marlene_2008 7 (My Page) on
Fri, May 21, 10 at 16:30

Hey all~

I am working on one of those bird chandeliers that so many of our GJers have made and wouldn't you know that I can't find six bird figurines anywhere....I'm thinking I would like them similar, maybe even the same bird in different poses. I'm looking for resin....got any suggestions or sources?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bird chandelier

Hey Marlene - I got mine at Stein's garden center ( I think it's just a local store - I'm not sure. ) They had a few on clearance - I got them - but they have more at reg. price.
( 3 /$10.00 ) If you are desperate - I can go "shopping" for you ! LOL

o

What is a bird chandelier? Sounds nice, I think I missed it.

o

Hobby Lobby, if you have one...resin birds there...also, I usually ck the specialty shops...garden shops, home decor, etc....can usually get them for under $5. Good luck, Marlene! Jeanne S.

o

Dollar Tree has several different bird statues.
Dollar Tree Birds

(on my chandelier, I did 4 birdhouses and two birds, and two teacup-saucer things. Tho in this photo, one spot still needed a teacup n saucer. Then painted it all white like SuzieRose's that I loved.
Birdhouse Chandelier closeup

hugs, Karen

o

I found some at Rite-Aid they have all their garden stuff at 1/2 off for awhile. Those from $ tree are VERY NICE..with real feet even.

Hey if you ladies see anything in regards to a crow..let me know. I want to put a realistic looking crow statue/sculpture on top of an old shovel in the garden.

o

I have a collection of doves I often see at thrift stores. They come in 2 or 3 different positions and are supposed to look like alabaster but they are resin. I have been saving them for a project like this too.

o

love the chandelier!!!

o

Thanks all! I will definitely scope out the dollar tree here. Wish we had a Hobby Lobby, but we just have AC Moore and Michael's. I'll keep hunting....

o

To 'socalliegal', You could paint any bird black & use it as a crow.

o

I have a couple dollar tree ones from a couple years ago. NOW that I see this year's models complete with legs, I'll have to go shopping tomorrow!!! They're really cute!

And, I loved seeing your white chandelier again...it is so very pretty!

o

Thanks all...I found my birds at Dollar Tree along with swans as well!

o

Great, Marlene! Looking forward to seeing your "chandy" fixed up for the birds! Jeanne S.

o

Below is a link to a picture of the white doves I see at all the local TS's. I believe I have 5 or 6 of them that I have collected. Probably spent about $5 for the bunch.

Here is a link that might be useful: Alabaster Doves

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here