Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardencraze

No Vanity Here!!!!!

gardencraze
12 years ago

I bought this metal vanity at Goodwill and I knew exactly what I was goin to do with it

Phase one put some mesh wire in

{{gwi:143375}}

Phase two Plant the flowers I didn't have enought so I cut some and put in for show

{{gwi:143376}}

{{gwi:143377}}

Comments (29)

• puggranny
    12 years ago

What a great idea!!!!!!! I think it is really neat!

• mssunflower
    12 years ago

So cute!!!! Just love this idea.

• quidam2
    12 years ago

That is absolutely the perfect use for that vanity!!! Good save!! I love the sign and the extra touch of the beautiful white butterfly. Did you put potted plants in it? They are so lovely.

Sheri

• User
    12 years ago

Beautiful. What a great repurpose of that vanity. The butterfly looks perfect on there.

• kacram
    12 years ago

GREAT idea! woowhoo!

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

OMGosh! How pretty is that?! Great job and I love your choice of plants and the little extra bling you added to the vanity too.

• nanatricia
    12 years ago

So cute!!!!!

• excessfroufrou
    12 years ago

You get the prize for thinking outside the box (or flower pot) in this case. I love it, of course, what could be more frou-frou.
    Frou

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

Very cute! Now you just need a matching stool planted with some ground cover. Love your little sign and the butterfly too. The flowers look gorgeous in there.

Did you paint the butterfly? I have seen them either rusty looking or brass. Can't remember seeing a white one. If you did, great idea!

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Beautiful plant stand! Great recycling! I like how you put the wire mesh in it...& added the butterfly. Also like the opening (where the mirror used to be or whatever)...that you can see thru that area! Cute! Plants are beautiful! TFS! Jeanne S.

• caroleena
    12 years ago

stunning!

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

Beautiful job of recycling & love the colorful look ,sign & butterfly too! Jan

• chevy57red
    12 years ago

Love everything about it!!

• gardencraze
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Luna, great minds think alike, I bought some Irish moss and I'm looking for just the right stool I also have tiny sedum that wood cover a stool in a couple of weeks.

Thank you all for the great compliments, find you one and I'll make it for you LOL (not that you couldn't make it)
    You all have tought me so much I am for ever greatful I will always gladly share what ever I can :~)

Hugs, Carmen

• princess_mimi
    12 years ago

Way Cute!

~~Mimi

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

That is a great creative idea. It looks lovely. - Marylee

• chelcass
    12 years ago

Great find. I love the way you purposed it. Perfect!!!!

• garden2garden
    12 years ago

Really nice! Love it and the butterfly. TFS!

• laneybug
    12 years ago

Yes Yes it is awesome who would have thought of that lol

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

What a charming planter. Great idea and recycling!
    Kathy

• marleneann
    12 years ago

Now that is pretty. Well done!

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    12 years ago

Precious!

• nonacook
    12 years ago

Awesome!!!
    Lovely with the flowers!!!!

• gottatry
    12 years ago

This is just toooo beautiful!!! New ideas going thru this old mind now! ;) So many things to accomplish this season I just hope the warm weather comes and "stays" for a while now. You just did an awesome job on this!!!!!
    I'm green with envy.

• organizedsarah
    12 years ago

Really clever and VERY attractive! Great idea! Are you going to put live plants in it for the summer? It's a great recycle!

• gardencraze
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Prestonsnana, Those are live plants, LOL In real soil

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

Didn't realize I had not posted about this, N.I.C.E.!!! Good job! Inspiring!

• misfit
    12 years ago

Well isn't that pretty!I wish I had your imagination. When I look at something like that in a store I just draw a blank.
    I have been saving an old white metal bathtub rack (the kind with 4 tiers) to do something with. You have just given me a great idea. Hope you don't mind a copy cat of sorts.
    Beautiful job. I realy like your choice of plants & flowers.
    Dawn

• gardencraze
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Misfit copy on.... most of my ideas come from you guys on the junk forum Thank you, thank you.
    Today I went to Goodwill and bought some stuff to try my hand at mushrooms. I'll post only if they are not a disaster LOL

Hugs,Carmen

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths