Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
No Vanity Here!!!!!

Posted by gardencraze 9b winter garden FL (cmcginnis3@cfl.rr.com) on
Tue, May 3, 11 at 16:52

I bought this metal vanity at Goodwill and I knew exactly what I was goin to do with it

Phase one put some mesh wire in

Photobucket

Phase two Plant the flowers I didn't have enought so I cut some and put in for show
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: No Vanity Here!!!!!

What a great idea!!!!!!! I think it is really neat!

o

So cute!!!! Just love this idea.

o

That is absolutely the perfect use for that vanity!!! Good save!! I love the sign and the extra touch of the beautiful white butterfly. Did you put potted plants in it? They are so lovely.

Sheri

o

Beautiful. What a great repurpose of that vanity. The butterfly looks perfect on there.

o

GREAT idea! woowhoo!

o

OMGosh! How pretty is that?! Great job and I love your choice of plants and the little extra bling you added to the vanity too.

o

So cute!!!!!

o

You get the prize for thinking outside the box (or flower pot) in this case. I love it, of course, what could be more frou-frou.
Frou

o

Very cute! Now you just need a matching stool planted with some ground cover. Love your little sign and the butterfly too. The flowers look gorgeous in there.

Did you paint the butterfly? I have seen them either rusty looking or brass. Can't remember seeing a white one. If you did, great idea!

o

Beautiful plant stand! Great recycling! I like how you put the wire mesh in it...& added the butterfly. Also like the opening (where the mirror used to be or whatever)...that you can see thru that area! Cute! Plants are beautiful! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

stunning!

o

Beautiful job of recycling & love the colorful look ,sign & butterfly too! Jan

o

Love everything about it!!

o

Luna, great minds think alike, I bought some Irish moss and I'm looking for just the right stool I also have tiny sedum that wood cover a stool in a couple of weeks.

Thank you all for the great compliments, find you one and I'll make it for you LOL (not that you couldn't make it)
You all have tought me so much I am for ever greatful I will always gladly share what ever I can :~)

Hugs, Carmen

o

Way Cute!

~~Mimi

o

That is a great creative idea. It looks lovely. - Marylee

o

Great find. I love the way you purposed it. Perfect!!!!

o

Really nice! Love it and the butterfly. TFS!

o

Yes Yes it is awesome who would have thought of that lol

o

What a charming planter. Great idea and recycling!
Kathy

o

Now that is pretty. Well done!

o

Precious!

o

Awesome!!!
Lovely with the flowers!!!!

o

This is just toooo beautiful!!! New ideas going thru this old mind now! ;) So many things to accomplish this season I just hope the warm weather comes and "stays" for a while now. You just did an awesome job on this!!!!!
I'm green with envy.

o

Really clever and VERY attractive! Great idea! Are you going to put live plants in it for the summer? It's a great recycle!

o

Prestonsnana, Those are live plants, LOL In real soil

o

Didn't realize I had not posted about this, N.I.C.E.!!! Good job! Inspiring!

o

Well isn't that pretty!I wish I had your imagination. When I look at something like that in a store I just draw a blank.
I have been saving an old white metal bathtub rack (the kind with 4 tiers) to do something with. You have just given me a great idea. Hope you don't mind a copy cat of sorts.
Beautiful job. I realy like your choice of plants & flowers.
Dawn

o

Misfit copy on.... most of my ideas come from you guys on the junk forum Thank you, thank you.
Today I went to Goodwill and bought some stuff to try my hand at mushrooms. I'll post only if they are not a disaster LOL

Hugs,Carmen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here