Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
So I needed this

Posted by rafor (My Page) on
Mon, May 2, 11 at 16:59

Left my old potting bench on the west coast when we moved. Had some stuff lying around so decided to make a new one. Finished it today so thought I'd share with all you lucky people here!!!

Also worked on the glass house some more. The potting bench is sitting next to it just off the slate patio we also put in when we had some visitors to help. Of course I had to bribe the guys with heavy equipment. I think they only got the
skidsteer stuck 5 times:) Now I have to regrade some areas once they dry out.

new potting bench

potting bench

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: So I needed this

nice job! love the look of it and lots of room for "stuff"

o

That looks great!

o

Wonderful work space. Now you should really be putting out the garden junk! Enjoy! Jlily

o

Oh yeah! Great looking potting bench...nice and long so you can spread out...the best kind! Great job rafor!

o

Thanks everyone for the compliments! The last one I made was out of parts from an old fence we took down. I loved the old weathered look of it. I'll just have to wait for this to age LOL. I also have some old barn doors that I want to incorporate on another outdoor work table. Anyone have pics to inspire me on that one?

o

I really like that! What a nice job of building it! Very sturdy and a nice design.....yep, I can picture myself doing some potting with that. Enjoy!-----Sheri

o

LOVE the length!!!!

o

Looks very heavy duty and so well done. Great job, love the setting.
Frou

o

Love it! Very nicely done!

o

Really nice. Good looking and practical!
Kathy

o

Barn doors? Ohhh, that sounds nice!
I really like this one that you built, too...it will age...& looks good & sturdy & hopefully will get some "dirt stains" soon! Nice job! TFS! Jeanne S.

Kirk made a potting bench w/some type of doors...& it's gorgeous...I'll try to find it & post again.

o
Kirk's Potting Bench

Here's the post of Kirk's potting bench (old doors).

Here is a link that might be useful: Kirk's potting bench

o

Great sturdy large bench! I'd probably use it to hold pots of flowers. lol I imagine that weighs a lot!

o

Nice & heavy duty so won't blow over & lots of room to work & store. Sounds like you are making great progress on your patio & yard. Is your patio square, irregular ,by the house? Jan

o

Sunnyca: yes it's heavy. I moved it to it's permanent location when I just had the frame done. Knew that after I put on the lower shelf and top that it would be too heavy to move. The patio is about 10 x 12 and just sort of a free form layout using some free slate I got on craigslist.

jeanne: Love Kirk's bench, especially the fret work on it. That's along the lines of what I want to do with the doors. I also remember someone made an arbor out of doors, so I'm torn between those 2 ideas.

luna: I plan to fill the bottom shelf with colorful pots as a display too.

Thanks again for all the nice remarks!

o

I want one!! Love the look and the fact that it does look so sturdy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here