ladyofdirt

Molly, my garden lady

ladyofdirt
10 years ago

Here she is

Comments (13)

• garden2garden
    10 years ago

Oh my, she's beautiful! Love the head and the hands. Love the dress and the flower basket. Really nice colors.
    I like your solar light post too.
    What a pretty little scene by your door and won't it be lovely when those roses bloom. tfs.

• diagia
    10 years ago

Great idea!! I make dummys for halloween never thought of making one for summer. Good use of an old chair also.

• oldcrafty
    10 years ago

She is soooo cute. Everything looks good together

• ladyofdirt
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I can't wait til the roses bloom. They are a beautiful orange. Molly scares hubby when he walks up to the door..lol

• jlily
    10 years ago

Miss Molly is adorable. I am hoping to make another garden lady this year. Thank you for sharing. JLily

• sunnyca_gw
    10 years ago

Very cute!!I can see where your hubby gets frightened by her. I had a friend that had "buddies" things that you put in your car so looks like you aren't driving alone on long trips. I went over to see her & here was 1 sitting in LR with a suit & hat on like a businessman. I nearly jumped out of my skin. She walked around corner & said Oh, you met my new friend. She left him there often if she was traveling & I was taking in her mail & packages I would tell myself,Mr. Man is in the LR. She got several more & couple she didn't like &gave me. They sure go fast at yard sale. Did you use a Styrofoam wig head for her head? Jan

• mommyandme2
    10 years ago

Lovely ! She looks very much like the one we used to have. She wore a purple dress & we called her "Violet". Ours didn't have hair, though. Maybe my daughters will make another one after they move back to CT.

• kathi_mdgd
    10 years ago

Love her!! I made one several years ago,but some slimebag came into our yard at night and stole her.Really Pi**ed me off.

What did you use for her hands,those dr type gloves??
    TFS
    Kathi

• ladyofdirt
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I did use a Styrofoam head. I'm always looking for more heads to make more of them. The glove are some leather ones I found at a TS and the wig my hubby found for me. The gloves are filled with rice to keep in place.
    Mary

• nancyjane_gardener
    10 years ago

Mine is Patricia. She stands guard in the vege garden. Every couple of years I go on Freecycle and ask for the "ugliest" formal dress ever! This year she even got matching gold size 10 shoes and a belt to go with her dress!
    I think I'll use your idea for the hands. Hers fell off and got lost! Nancy

• mommyandme2
    10 years ago

I used gardening gloves on Violet. We took plastic grocery bags & cut them up in pieces so that we good stuff each finger. Her dress sleeves were also stuffed with grocery bags Laura

• kathi_mdgd
    10 years ago

When I made mine I used the legs of pantyhose for her arms and stuffed them.

I have another Styrofoam head here in the closet,i should make another and keep her in the front yard.
    Kathi

• ladyofdirt
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kathi, you should have one in front yard. I have had so many people come up to me when they are walking and I'm outside and say how much they think she is so neat looking. Even the kids get a kick out of her.