Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

My Goodwill Tray - I'm a painting fool !

toomuchglass
12 years ago

I know this is isn't much in the way of garden junk , but it's going somewhere outside ... forgive me ? *wink*

I found this tray at the Goodwill & just "HAD" to paint it .

It's made of Walnut - it should do good with a coat of Polyurathane.

{{gwi:143537}}

I also painted an aderondeck chair ....I always wished I had one .My friends on another forum found me one AND it's a ROCKER ! DH assembled it & I painted it. I hope you don't mind if I post it . I love it so much !

{{gwi:143539}}

Since it's a rocker -- this is what I painted on the rocker part ~~~ LOL ~~~

{{gwi:143541}}

I'm also on a plastic pink flamingo binge . Yep --- I'm binging after months of a dry spell from creativity.

This is one I had that I re-did ... it's covered in plastic beads :

{{gwi:143542}}

One more angle ----

{{gwi:143547}}

I have 3 more plastic flamingos to do . I'm so sorry this isn't exactly garden junk ...I know it doesn't belong here , but I'm just so happy my creativity is back . I haven't contributed in a long time !

Comments (21)

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Well I think this is the perfect place to post your creations Kathy! So glad you're back on the creating wagon....LOVE your painted frog plaque...only things don't look too good for the cute little dragonfly! LOVE the rocker...I didn't even realize that Adirondack chairs came in rockers. And your flamingo is top knotch! WAY cool!

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Kathy, don't you dare apologize for showing us this fantastic stuff!!! Its Garden ART, but it sure belongs here too. I LOVE it all. Especially the flamingo! Gosh you have a ton of patience to do all those beads, but your work is definitely worth the end result.

You should be especially proud of your chair! ;o)

hugs, Karen

• geeme
    12 years ago

WOW you definetly do indeed ROCK!!! That ia awsome.... all of it.... what other forums do you go to???? indeed everyone , care to share???

• rafor
    12 years ago

Love love love the chair! So very Jimmy Buffet. Wish I could paint like that :(

• nonacook
    12 years ago

Adorable Frog!
    Love the chair and flamingos!
    Perfect garden stuff....
    I love it all!

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    12 years ago

wow .... I didn't expect all these nice replies !

Thank you so much :)

• nanatricia
    12 years ago

Oh!!! I love them all really love that flamingo so cool !!! Might have to do one of those !!!

• rock_oak_deer
    12 years ago

All your projects are so great, love them all! This is a great place to display your garden projects.

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Everything is great. I love it all.
    Marylee

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Now that is ONE bling-ie flamingo!!!!

• Kathryn Botard
    12 years ago

Wow, awesome and I LOVE that flamingo. I have a pair myself, I may have to bling them up too. You are a very good artist.

• tinfoilhat
    12 years ago

Great paint jobs, those would look so good out by the pond. When it's 10 below next January stick your thumb out and come on down here to AZ with a "Will work for food" sign. I make a mean fish taco.
    FYI: I used some painted & sealed walnut bowls for hats on a couple things I made and they cracked in the sun. Granted it's hotter here but if I went to all that work I'd put it in a shaded area.

• chevy57red
    12 years ago

Everything is just outstanding!!
    Wish I had just an ounce of that creativity!!

• jwahlton
    12 years ago

I love the flamingo!

• excessfroufrou
    12 years ago

Oh my goodness you have been a busy bee. The frog plate turned out beautiful, he looks to be one happy frog. The rocker is amazing, just gorgeous. And I promise that I will soon be copying the flamingo. I have a ton of Mardi Gras beads that I've been searching for something to do with. Great job on everything and your right, you have certainly got your groove back.
    Frou

• oldcrafty
    12 years ago

Thanks for sharing all your creative works with us......it may not be "junk" which it certainly is NOT.....but love seeing what you did. Your paintings are awesome.....I'm like some of the others....just might have to give my old pink flamingo a good blinging! I REALLY like the flamingo.

• chubbypoptart
    12 years ago

you are very talented. I paint too, but I am jealous of your creations! :P they are great!

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

Wonderful paint jobs. But I love the flamingo. I just noticed one of mine hiding in the garage. Once planting season is over, I'm gonna get him!
    Kathy

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

Kathy, I hate you! lol! You do such awesome work! I saw an Adirondack rocker and seriously thought of buying it. I love what you did with yours. Is it outside? Because I might just have to steal it (especially since my name is on it!). lol Your frog tray is just too cute. And that flamingo! What a beauty. I'm so glad you shared your projects with us. I can't wait to see what you do next!

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

Froggie is just precious, beautiful painting & highlighting! The rocker"rocks" so professionally painted looks like you hired it out!! I paint but not like that!! The bird is a cutie!! I think he may have been junk before you made him beautiful! Glad you are back to crafting! Jan

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    12 years ago

LOL -- that's right Kathy --- your name is already on it !!! hehehehe

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz