Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jlily_gw

Redone Hanging planter & windchime

jlily
11 years ago

I have redone this planter-windchime combo that I had created to enjoy for the Fourth of July.

{{gwi:143588}}">

{{gwi:143590}}">

Enjoy!! Jlily

Comments (13)

• Enterotoxigenic00
    11 years ago

This is so amazing and creative. I love your imagination!

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

Very cool and patriotic! What type of wire do you use for your windchimes? I would like to make some as well, but I'm unsure of how to string them. Thanks for sharing!

• sunnyca_gw
    11 years ago

Love the planted cream pitcher! Makes a great looking center for the chimes! Like your heart shaped trellis too. TFS Jan

• concretenprimroses
    11 years ago

Thats so cool! I love it that you have plants planted in the chime too. Portulaca is a good choice I'll have to remember that.
    Kathy

• jlily
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all. I used heavy fishing line to put the parts together. It is easy to work with. Yard sale treasures at its' best! Enjoy! Jlily

• nonacook
    11 years ago

Thanks,jlily! I love the pieces you used in this.
    I am glad you are feeling better and are junking again!

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Looks like Moss Rose in there...a good choice! Love the flatware you used! Jeanne S.

• diggery
    11 years ago

Fishing line. Well just duh! (color me stupid). I use fishing line for EVERYthing, and ESPECIALLY in the yard. Many moons ago, I made a candelier (as opposed to chandelier) from an inverted wire planter. The instructions called for wire to string beads, which I had on hand. I mindlessly followed the instructions & used wire. *Mindlessly* being the key word here *sigh*

My chandy didn't last long even though it was under the carport somewhat protected from the weather:( Dunno what I was thinking...oh wait...I WASN'T! Thanks, jlily for triggering the face palm, lol. You just provided me with my weekend project. I'm off to dig out my bead supply now..

blessings,
    ~digger

• sorie6 zone 6b
    11 years ago

Wow well done. TFS.

• diggery
    11 years ago

Sheesh! Where are my manners? Your planter/windchime is lovely. I've got a stash of unidentified metal parts, tons of beads & am facing a 3-day weekend alone. Surely, I can work more than one lil project into that time frame, dontcha think? And hubs will definitely appreciate it when he returns from his trip.

thanks again

• jlily
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you for caring Nona. Yes! I've just had my 3 year check up. 3 years cancer free!! I am enjoying making things for my new home and yard. Digger we all have those moments.

Just create and ENJOY! JLily

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

That calls for THREE BIG 'CHEERS!," JLily!!! And a good way to celebrate is to enjoy making things for your new home! Jeanne S.

• diggery
    11 years ago

Wow, three cheers indeed! Didn't realize it had been that long, tho I'm sure it seems much longer to you. PTL! So happy for you.

blessings,
    ~digger