Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marlene_kindred

Not exactly garden junk, but could be...

Marlene Kindred
12 years ago

This fish was DH's rainy Sunday project yesterday. He made him out of saw blades, etc. Some of you know that we lost our beach camper a couple of years ago in a hurricane and DH especially misses the water and our screen porch from there, so we redid our backporch to a beach them. I changed the fabric on the pillows, etc. and we hung up some of our salvaged treasures. The wall was just calling for a "junque" fish!

Sorry I can't take better pictures these days.

{{gwi:143624}}

{{gwi:143625}}

Comments (14)

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

All you need is a little pond! Perfect for "beach" feeling. I love it. Are those sail boats or surf boards on the pillow in center! Comfy & clever ideas. Tell hubby he did a great job on that fish! Great at home "get-a-way" Jan

• loribee2
    12 years ago

I think the whole thing is adorable! What a cute fish, though made of saw blades, I'd be inclined to label him a piranha. LOL

Very cute room! Looks like something out of a magazine!

Here is a link that might be useful: Loribees garden blog

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Looks "beachy!" GREAT! Is your Koi pond off this porch or the front? I know you have a beautiful pond! Sorry about your camper...hope you can get another one day...in the meanwhile, your porch is a winner! And that fish, arrgghhhh! (scary dude!) TFS, Marlene! Jeanne S.

• rafor
    12 years ago

Love, love, love the fish!!! That is just perfect for the wall.

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Marlene, everything looks just right. I can remember my Dad wading in the river with his seine to catch bait for fishing. Is that what your net is?
    Marylee

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Your DH did a fantastic job on that fish!!! I think its terrific, but your entire 'beach porch' is. That net really looks great the way its done. I hope your hubby feels a bit better having this to enjoy daily. And also hope someday you'll have a beach place again.

hugs, Karen

• tinfoilhat
    12 years ago

I can almost smell the sea air and hear the sea birds. I like the nautical/beach feeling to it. The Sawfish chasing the lure adds a touch of whimsy, I tip my tin foil hat to your DH. Looks like a great place to sip strawberry daiquiris and read The Old Man and the Sea again.

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

He did an incredible job. The fish is great.
    Love the whole porch.
    Kathy

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for all of the nice comments! Yes Jeanne, the koi pond and gazebo and main garden is off to the side of this porch so we can see them swimming around and hear the water falls, etc. Our hot tub is out here too, so we've enjoyed having it!

• rock_oak_deer
    12 years ago

Great fish and very nice porch!

• excessfroufrou
    12 years ago

That is one cool fish, excellent. Your whole porch is so comfy looking, I hope it can help with the loss of your camper. It is very neat how you framed the net with the fishing poles. Looks like all you need to do is settle in with a good summer read.
    Frou

• nonacook
    12 years ago

I love it all!
    Especially the fish--details on how it is made?
    I have a 17 foot boat in my garden and it needs a fish close by! I am working on a fishing guy (similar to a scarecrow) with overalls and a flannel shirt. Soon as
    I get his head and straw hat on 'right' he will go
    down by the boat in a chair with a fishing rod in
    his hands.

http://members.cox.net/nonacook

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Nona~

The fish is made out of 2 two-man crosscut sawblades with an additional wide chopped up pruning saw. DH just laid them out and cut to size. The teeth are made of an old rip saw. He welded the pieces together and we spray painted him in various colors until we liked the look. The eye is a washer with a glass glob in the middle.

• nonacook
    12 years ago

Thanks, I think I have enough saws to make it-
    will have to look.

Sponsored
ANF Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Kitchen & Bath Designers Servicing VA