Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
textilejo

Pictures of my painted garden statues

textilejo
15 years ago

I have finished painting the statues and they look happy sitting outside in the garden.

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y174/textilejo/?action=view&current=bfaee28a.pbw

Comments (15)

• Bright199
    15 years ago

I wana see the picture. I tried to go to your album but it says 'private'. Please try again.

• textilejo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I changed the album to public, I hope it works now:-)

• textilejo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I see that if I make the album public all of it will become public and I don't want that:-) so here is each before and after pic:

{{gwi:143652}}

{{gwi:143653}}

{{gwi:143654}}

{{gwi:143656}}

{{gwi:143657}}

{{gwi:143658}}

{{gwi:143659}}

{{gwi:143660}}

{{gwi:143661}}

• kathi_mdgd
    15 years ago

They look GR8
    Kathi

• angie83
    15 years ago

These are beautiful love the colors you picked.
    Angie

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Whoa, you paint really nice! They turned out wonderful.
    I especially like that dragonfly thingy for some reason.

By the way, you can set up different albums and not all have to be public if you don't want that.

hugs, Karen

• craftylady-2006
    15 years ago

Wow, I'm impressed!!! They came out just wonderful. They're going to look so nice in your gardens.

Sal

• Bright199
    15 years ago

WOW!!! I'm soo glad you reposted the pictures. Those are darling! YOu did an awsome job repainting them. Please tell me what they are made of, resin or concrete?? I have a resin angel that I would love to spruce up. And one more question.. what kind of paint and sealer did you use. We would love to see pictures once they are in your garden. Just loverly!!!

• goldenpond
    15 years ago

never thought about painting those type of statues my mom got me some
    You did GREAT!!!!

• textilejo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

purplemoon, I didn't know that about the albums, I'll go check that out, thanks! I like the dragon fly too. I put it out by the pond. The real dragon flies are so beautiful, they fly down where the waterfall is and collect bugs:-)

bright199, they are all made from a light weight resin. I used tole paint, just Dollar store paint and they all got 2 coats of outdoor sealer.

I didn't do the one of the two kids and the fire hydrant since my daughter wanted that one and she didn't want it painted.

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Tex, here's what photobucket says about that....
    You can now make some sub albums public while keeping others private. A guest password can still be added for the entire account OR for each private sub album within the main album. The main account must be set to Public to individually change the status of a sub album. Any album nested within the top level sub albums will inherit the public or private status of the top level sub album.

Please see the Public/Private Album Settings tutorial and the Account - Sub Albums section of this FAQ for further information.

hugs, Karen

• ashli
    15 years ago

You certainly can paint good. From drab to fab...ha
    Would love to see pictures of them in your garden.
    My favorite is the girl reading a book.

• textilejo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

ashli, here they are in my garden

{{gwi:143662}}

{{gwi:143664}}

{{gwi:143665}}

{{gwi:143666}}

{{gwi:143667}}

• Bright199
    15 years ago

How perfect they are!!! I love how you placed them. The little reader looks like she belongs right there on the pond. Thanks for sharing.

• ashli
    15 years ago

I used to read on a beach towel or blanket while DH fished...until I realized that relaxing at home was much better than fighting off mosquitoes, and DH's theory was that fish bite better if you stay quiet. hmmm. I hate fishing. (He fishes now with a friend)
    Textilejo, thanks for showing us the photos...Nice scenery, especially in the second photo down. Love the Tulips...my favorite flower, next are Roses.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting