Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shed Makeover and Garden Bed

Posted by lizzardly So (My Page) on
Mon, May 30, 11 at 18:05

The whole family teamed up this weekend and gave our rather sad and tired shed a Key West makeover. Plus we finally put a bed frame I saved from the trash to good use. Can you belive someone threw away a Queen size Laura Ashly bed WITH THE TAGS STILL ON IT. And I couldn't give it away. I tried too. Then I gave up and decided it had a great home right in my backyard. It will make the perfect melon patch.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shed Makeover and Garden Bed

Love the colors you chose. No, I can't believe someone would actually throw that bed out! I would have taken it in a heartbeat and used it as my bed. lol! It should look equally good as your flower bed though. It looks like your pup approved of it too! Now I can't wait to see what you decorate your shed with!

o

Shed and bed are both beautiful!
Marylee

o

Are you kiddin'!!! That's a beautiful bed & will make the most wonderful melon patch for you! Gorgeous! Love the colors you chose & glad that everyone helped out w/the re-do! And cute signage, too! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

so cute!!!!

o

Will be lovely with all those green leaves for the comforter!! The shed does need a couple of nice"junk" touches on the side tho.!! Nice colors & you did a great job!! Maybe owners of the bed parted ways or moved to smaller digs!! Their loss, your gain & will be a tasty 1 in few months!!Jan

o

Loving all of the bright colors!! Will be great when planted and the shed dressed up!!

o

How adorable! Great colors and it really does have that Key West feel. Can't wait to see the "bed" in bloom.

And isn't it amazing what people will throw away????

o

Good Job! Great Colors!!!!

o

Love those colors. So cool and inviting looking. Yep needs a few "junk" added to the wall and will really look great when it is covered in green leaves.

o

Isn't it amazing what people throw away?? GOOD for us though! Your flower bed is beautiful and your shed makeover colors are so, so pretty!

o

What a cute idea! I love the colors, the bedframe and the soon-to-be-vining melons. What a Cinderella story!! Your kids did a great job on the sign. It is wonderful that you all worked on it together!!-----Sheri

o

That's going to be beautiful, love the colors too!

o

thats beautiful and incredible! love those colors...
dont you just love being a scavenger??

Jackie

o

Yes I do!!! I'm just happy that's it's finally becoming an acceptable practice. Not that it ever stopped me when people look at me funny for digging thru the trash. :)

I recently scavenged some doors and can't wait to put them to good use.

o

The bed and the shed are gorgeous! I love your 'Key West' colors!

Pam

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here