Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Lighthouse totem

Posted by toomuchglass 53172 (My Page) on
Wed, May 19, 10 at 18:45

I set it in the center of a birdbath ! I have hen & chicks growing all around the edges. It gets sun all day and really shines at night. I'm liking it :)

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Lighthouse totem

I keep hearing about hen and chicks on this website....can someone post a pic?

o

Very cool! You've been a busy junker!

o

Looks good there! How did you anchor it? Or is this a "non-windy" spot? LOL! (I don't have that luxary!) Bet it is very pretty lit up! TFS! Jeanne S.

socallie...here's a link with info & pics.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hen & Chicks in Wikipedia

o

It's definately out of the wind - it's just buried a bit in the dirt.

o

I love that cool!

o

Looks cool & refreshing, just like the ocean!! Nice work! Jan

o

here's a chair full of them, in my front yard.

o

It really does look like a lighthouse, you did a great job. I like the idea of the hen and chicks in the birdbath, I have one that leaks, maybe I should try it. I have had that ribbed bottle in other colors, but not blue. And everytime I go to WM, I have to make myself not buy solar lights, I'd put them in and on everything given half a chance.
Frou

o

How clever! I'll bet it looks really pretty when lit up, too!

o

Great looking job TMG!! Enjoy! I've been on a mission to light everything up in my yard lately!lol! And love the solar way!

o

gorgeous TMG! that's a great idea, and i found the single solar lights at family dollar for $2.50 each, they come on removable stakes. i made a clay pot lighthouse and bought one for it, lol. they do light up really good.
thanks for sharing, i hope i can find some glass like that cone shaped one :D
kudzu/cherry

o

Oh WOW! I was just thinking today that I need a focal point in my garden. I just redirected my paths and have a very empty spot. I was also trying to figure out something new to do with some of my solar lights. This is perfect for both! Thank you for sharing!

~Micki~

o

That's really neat! Love the blue.
Kathy

o

That is a very pretty light house! Love how you embellished the bubbly blue bottle. Is that a funky begonia planted in the pot next to it? I really like that too.

o

I just planted the pot next to it - ( It's a plain old pot ) but it has a coleus in it . I might have to jazz that one up ,too !

o

Can anyone tell me how or where I can see a photo of the lighthouse totem?? Thanks
-Sprout

o

sprout...you can't see it because toomuchglass has removed or moved it from her photo album. Sorry! Jeanne S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here