Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bed frame project

Posted by nmgirl 8 S.NM (My Page) on
Mon, May 14, 12 at 19:09

I picked up these bed frames at an estate sale quite a while back. I didn't know what I'd do with them but they were to good of a deal to pass up. I finally decided I'd use them as plant props/holder-uppers. I painted them light yellow 'cuz they were a shade of yellow originally and I had a little yellow paint leftover from another project. I put the huge bolt in the leg for more stability and I didn't want to bury the wood. I also took 4 tuna cans, punched a big hole the bottom and ran the bolt through it so the base of the wooden frame is actually resting on the upside down tuna can. The plants behind the frames are a drought tolerant Solidago (goldenrod). They're taller than the frames now, I think they like the little bit of shade the frames provide.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bed frame project

They look great & much stronger than most of stuff you can buy today! Like the blue you have around & with the goldenrod I think it would look stunning! Jan

o

• Posted by cnm1 6Oh (My Page) on
    Tue, May 15, 12 at 20:43

Oh- I should have bought that headboard I saw at the TS for 7.5!!!! Great idea - and your wall is amazing too!! I am going to borrow your idea for the bolt for some things in my garden. Thanks for the ideas!!

o

Those look great Sylvia! They will look awesome with the goldenrod when it blooms too...the blue accents look good with the yellow too...and I love your stone wall!

o

Wonder plant stakes!!! I love the blue globes against the pale yellow, too & this will be really beautiful when the Goldenrod blooms! Nice recycling ...I have a pair of brown metal ones I haven't used yet (for a couple yrs) & tried them the other day in veggie garden for gourds to climb...but vetoed the idea...they need to be somewhere 'lovelier!' Tuna cans...good idea! Jeanne s.

o

they look so pretty in the garden.
Kathy

o

• Posted by sorie6 5 colorado (My Page) on
    Tue, May 22, 12 at 22:08

Great idea. Your garden is pretty too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here