Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Castle Grouted!!!

Posted by calamity_j z7bc (My Page) on
Sat, May 29, 10 at 19:48

I have FINALLY finished grouting my castle and I changed the grout color...this is pearl gray...I may give it a color was of green to try and enhance the green on the slate...but for now here it is...needed it to be grouted so I could start the roofs...I like the way it's looking!

Here is a link that might be useful: Grouted

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Castle Grouted!!!

OMG, calamity, how did you get this done??? Here you are hauling loads of GJ home & you get this done!!! It's TOTALLY AWESOME!!! WOW! I can hardly wait to see the roofs! Great work, calamity! Jeanne S.

o

That's amazing! Fabulous!
Keep those pictures coming.
Kathy

o

That's absolutely adorable! I'm so impressed you tackle projects like this.

o

Yup, def gonna give it a green wash...here are the roofs mortared...

Here is a link that might be useful: roofs

o

This is such a wonderful...and amazing...project.
WOW.

hugs, Karen

o

That is absolutely awesome! Especially knowing that the windows light up. Keep those pictures coming!

o

Looking good!!
It will look magical at night in the garden! Talk about 1 of a kind!!Must be so neat to dream something up & then carry out your plan to completion! Jan

o
RE: Castle lit!!!

Just can't stop working on it!!! I think the green grout really POPS!! HAD to see what it's looking like lit up...

o

amazing! what's your sweet heart think about all of this?
does he do the cooking these days?.....sure hope so!..lol

it's just magical and soooo one of a kind..now, go hunt up those alligators~

o

calamity...I am in AWE of your talent & your fortitude! Please enlighten me again & tell me where this wonderful masterpc will be located in re to your pond/bog? Just an absolutely AMAZING pc! thanks for taking time to share your progress! Jeanne S.

o

It reminds me of the castle tower with the princess with the long blond hair has to let down so the prince can climb up and rescue her...what was her name again?

o

I'm thinkin' bout TooMuchGlass as I ponder the roof design as I will be using my soldering iron/flux/solder to make the copper work, and even tho she is talking welding these days, she is an ol' stained glasser to the core!!!heh heh! Looking thru my copper/brass "stuff" I am still wanting to make a fountain out of found objects, and I think an idea is starting to form....hmmmm. May have to consult our buddy Robert, get him back posting again...

o

Wow, calamity...I can hardly wait to see the copper roofs reaching for the sky! Then, I wondered, what is she going to do for the base of this castle? Where will it sit? Does it need to sit on something? I was wondering if "hammer-ed copper" would fit in somehow? Oh, I am lovin' your progress! TFS! Jeanne S. ...and a fountain of found objects...ummmm, spectulating!

o

Rapunzel....

o

Great picture!!! Wish I could paint her in a window!!!lol!
So it may sound a bit wierd, but I built the retaining wall of the pond(inside the raised bed) with sand bags, then used the sand bags to build a mini wall for the bog garden and also use 8 sandbags for the base for the castle to sit on(4 bags on 4bags) then have the rock to mortar a base with and that is what the castle will sit on, it will be raised 2ft so the top of the castle will be 6ft tall(castle is 4ft) and if all goes well, the pergola over the pond is 8ft tall, thus framing the castle as you look at it on either end of the raised bed. Sheesh, not good description but more pics to follow!!! Here is a pic of the base for the castle as it is at the moment...if it would just stop raining...I could be working on this! I have to scrounge more rock to cover the bog's liner...

Here is a link that might be useful: Base for castle

o

Your bog garden looks great! You've been working hard, woman! Now I can SEE where you're going...takes me awhile! LOL! This is going to be SPECTACULAR! I love the green grout & yes, it "pops!" TFS, calamity! Jeanne S.

o

WOWEE Jane! YOU are the woman! Amazing castle and it's going to look great in your garden too!

o

Where do you find all that energy? I love the green grout, it will kind of look like moss when you get it in place in the bog garden. I'm turning pretty green too, from watching this project. You are really an inspiration when it comes to giant projects.
Frou

o

Jah Rapunzel..that was it..that is a great picture. Calamity maybe you can just make a shadow figure of Rapunzel in one of your lighted windows from behind. Like they used to do those black and white vinette photos?

o

Ah, Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair! The illustration brings back childhood memories of being read to.

Jane, your pond site is shaping up and your castle will look drop dead gorgeous in that setting! The lighted windows really make it, and the slate mosaicing is extremely convincing. It truly looks like a miniature castle made of solid stone.

o

Gosh, calamity_j, I don't know if I should admire you or hate you! lol! I really do admire your amazing talent. I can't wait to see your castle completed and in its place in the garden. I know it will look spectacular!

o

Here is a sneak preview of the copper roof....

Here is a link that might be useful: 1st copper roof done!

o
Repunzel

So I tried to do a silhouette, but the windows are too small and the glass is too textured to appreciate a Repunzel Jane....But a bridge with a troll under it sounds good!...

o

WOW on the 1st roof! Very intriquing, to say the least! Wonderful! Jeanne S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here