Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Puttng two together

Posted by mosswitch 6b (My Page) on
Wed, May 1, 13 at 19:52

I use a lot of blue bottles in the garden, but they were getting boring. I needed something new, so I took a few of the glass birds I had and glued them to the bottoms of the bottles. Fun!

Sandy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Puttng two together

That is cute! I actually am working on a new bird bath today and am using a bird that looks just like that and a very large wine bottle that is the same hue as yours. Very synchronistic :o)
Thanks for sharing!

o

That little guy will bring smiles to all who venture into your gardens! Think I will look for couple of those birds! So sweet! Jan

o

Cute, cute, cute! I love those little glass birds...they make me smile!

o

I love blue. I've never found the colored glass birds. Only clear.

o

They are in all the flea markets here, sometimes people think they should be scarce and precious and the prices are high, but I refuse to pay more than $2 or $3 for any. I have found a lot of them. Also in green as well as the blue and clear ones, some smaller ones also at @ $1 each.

This is a little one on a beer bottle. I use these as hose guides, they are on a short length of rebar stuck in the ground.

The big blue wine bottles are in a perennial bed on tall rebar stakes, pretending to be delphiniums which I can't grow successfully here.

Sandy

o

Simplicity at it's BEST!

o

sweet! and i ove the bottleas delphinium idea too!
Kathy

o

Sandy, I love your idea. Sometimes I just get too complicated. I have the bottles and will try this in my garden. Thank you for sharing. Marylee

o

very cute! :)

o

Now that's a good idea! Thank you :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here