Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tasymo

My new Garden Decor... with junk of course!

tasymo
14 years ago

Hi Everyone!

This is my newest obsession- Chickens!! I'm incorporating the coop and pen into my flower gardens and accenting the whole shebang with JUNK of course! I can't wait till the flowers start blooming and the eggs start appearing! Kathy

Image link:

Comments (30)

• leveta
    14 years ago

That is soooo cute Kathy...Love the colors...

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

THAT IS SO CLUCKING ADORABLE- IT'S CHARMING- AND DOWN RIGHT PRECIOUS

• katladie
    14 years ago

Lovin' it.

Sharon

• laurastheme
    14 years ago

So creative and cute. I love it!

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

As repeated from above: CUTE!!! That was the first word crossed my mind when I viewed your pic! Love the colors, love the split door & the old tub & milk can...you 'done good, girl! Jeanne S.

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

Love the blue and green! It will look awesome with plants and flowers. Your chickens must be so proud! The milk can, galvanized tub, egg basket and the ... what is it? a little pot holder next to the door? I can't wait to see what you add to it!

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Enjoy your new adventure!! Looks like you have all the fixin's for lots of eggs to come from happy chickens!!Jan

• fldirt
    14 years ago

Love the color combination & the dutch door. Bet your chickens love living there.

• desertrat1
    14 years ago

Love the chicken coop and house! Too funny my sis and I were just at the feed store and saw their hens...They said they had baby chicks inside and they are the cutest darned things!!!! Then my Mom tells us that she wants to get some chickens! Now, we are not farmers by any token--all those are way on the outskirts of town. BUT, my Mom did raise some when she was young....SOOOOOO, maybe we'll have to come and get your chicken coop ( :-) ) and a few hens for her for Moms Day! Enjoy your new home for your feathered food bearers! If I were a chicken I'd want to live in your coop!
    Love, Jules

• luckygal
    14 years ago

Absolutely adorable! Almost makes me want to get chickens again! ;-)

• katishooked
    14 years ago

What a pretty chick house. The green and flowers blooming will just add to the pretty colors you chose.

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

It really is adorable. nice job with the colors and the charm!
    kathy

• gimpytwice
    14 years ago

Hey ,that's awesome
    I like yours even better than Martha Stewarts..
    Great job,now you want to come to Ohio and build me one??
    LOL
    Sharyl

• caroleena
    14 years ago

adorable!

• Kathryn Botard
    14 years ago

Now that kicks some major bootè. I want one of those. In fact, we still need to move our chickens up here and that would be soooo cool and keep out critters like stray dogs and the like. How many girls do you have? I have 7 and 2 gentleman friends. What are the dimensions and please, please take some inside pictures for me??????
    Thank you from one Kathy to another

• tasymo
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Kathy!
    The coop is actually a playhouse I found for 1/2 price at Lowes last fall. It is 4 ft. by 4 ft. and stands 6 ft. at the peak, plus the 4" tall base my husband built for it (It came without a floor.) I covered the windows with hardware screen, but need to weatherproof them. My Hubby cut an opening under one window with a sliding door and a ramp for the Girls to go in and out and I used two 2"x4"s for roosts. I've got six hens. 3 barred rocks, 2 rhode island reds, and 1 isa brown. I haven't made nest boxes yet, since the Girls are still too young to lay eggs. I'll take pics of the inside and post as soon as I can. Kathy

• TwoMonths
    14 years ago

That is great. You could clip their wings to keep them in but that would not keep out the hawks.

Nobody noticed your little hen topiary...it is great. soon you will need an egg basket to put your eggs in.....maybe even a deeper one like mine. I use mine for a variety of items outside.

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

That's absolute the Best Lil Chicken House I've ever seen.
    Its got to go in our Misc Inspiration album. Your chickens are really going to live the good life surrounded by beauty.
    Sure makes me want chickens again, some things I really miss about the country life!

hugs, Karen

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

My duck is so JEALOUS!

• cait1
    14 years ago

I love it!! The colors are perfect.

• kudzukween
    14 years ago

Tasymo! Long time!!
    Gorgeous,gorgeous:D And I see the chicken topiary has filled out some more,lol! I love the colors,too :D
    kudzu

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

Ohhh, aNew Color!!! Tasy Green!!! How about some Hens and Chicks planted on the roof...ecoscape!! Anyhoo, it looks EGGselent!!!!

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

That is without a doubt the cutest chicken coop ever! Those chicks of yours are very lucky! We've had chickens for quite a while...they are very entertaining too! We are down to one little banty rooster, but he definitely rules the roost! And by the way....chickens LOVE hostas!! So don't plant any close by....they will look like they've been through a shredder!

• maggie4737
    14 years ago

That is the cutest chicken house & pen that I have ever seen!! Your hens are going to be snobs! LOL

• cindee11461
    14 years ago

That is the cutest chicken house and pen I have ever seen. What a great place for the "girls" I am sure they are so happy and will lay many eggs for you(-: My girls would love it there!!!

CiNdEeS' GaRdEn

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Just love it! The colors you used are so neat and the way you added the pen is perfect. Enjoy your chicks and the fresh eggs. Luvs

• Kathryn Botard
    14 years ago

CiNdEeS GaRdEn, I loved your blog. I like all your garden items the tipsy pots and totems are awesome. Very creative.
    tasymo I would love to see the inside.

• mayme
    14 years ago

Really cute. Looking forward to seeing it
    when everything gets growing around it.
    Mayme

• kblake1985
    14 years ago

THAT is the coolest chicken coop I have ever seen! LOVE the colors! It's so whimsical!

Sponsored
Landscape Concepts of Fairfax, Inc.
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Northern VA's Creative Team of Landscape Designers & Horticulturists