Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
excessfroufrou

Captured Gnomes and Jailbird

excessfroufrou
12 years ago

I was inspired by a pic that PurpleMoon posted a while back, so I created these prisoner gnomes and then I got carried away and made a jailbird too.

Frou

{{gwi:144479}}

{{gwi:144480}}

Comments (20)

• chelcass
    12 years ago

Oh! that is cute! I have a cage like that, now if I could just find some gnomes to fit into it.. Great Idea, Thanks for sharing.

Chelcass

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

I love it Frou! The jail bird is a nice touch.
    Kathy

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

OMG! Jailbirds!!!! Too CUTE! May have to copy this!!

• quidam2
    12 years ago

What a cute idea!! The jail bird makes it perfect!!

• caroleena
    12 years ago

omg! so cute!

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

TOO FUNNY, frou! And I agree, the "jailbird" makes it! I bet there is some mumbling going on from those inmates...like "There's no place like gnome!"
    Great painting, frou! TFS! Jeanne S.

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

That is so cute! Your gnomes look like they have some tools to help them break out. Good thing they have their striped uniforms to make them easy to find. Love your "jail bird" too! Hopefully he isn't a stool pigeon too!

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

They sure don't look too happy they got caught! You'll have to be the warden or you will be chasing them all over town as they are sure to make a run for it, well actually on the bird's back would be easiest as might be quite a climb down that pole. At least they have a good "lookout post" Nice paint job!! Jan

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!! You did a great paint job on the gnomes and jailbird. What a hoot they all are!
    I'm so glad that photo I found of "captured gnomes" inspired you...cause this is just over-the-top CUTE!

I keep looking at the close-up photo, and each time I just grin practically ear to ear!

hugs, Karen

• garden2garden
    12 years ago

Cute idea. What are they in for ?
    Nice paint job. I never thought about painting them different ways.
    At least they didn't have to go to jail without their 'shrooms :) Still holdin' on to them. That's cute.
    Is that the warden on the tree behind them?

• rafor
    12 years ago

Love the jailbird!!! Love the shape of the cage too :)

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Frou, that is so cute. I love it. Very creative. - Marylee

• excessfroufrou
    Original Author
    12 years ago

PM, DH said they were over the top too, but he didn't add the cute part. Hmmmmm. Luna, now you've given me an idea with the stool pigeon comment. I could paint a pigeon like bird and stick him on a shroom.
    Frou

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

Forgot to mention,> the whole display is nice!!!

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

SOOO funny Frou! LOVE the Jailbird! Great paint job and display...the birdcage is great!

• rock_oak_deer
    12 years ago

Very funny, love it. You did a great job on it too.

• oldcrafty
    12 years ago

That is just toooo cute....and what an imagination! You go girl.

• User
    12 years ago

That is too cute for words. I have some gnomes that are in need of a new paint job. Now to find a bird cage. Thanks for sharing and I'm sure there will be lots of jail birds hanging around this summer. :)

• kacram
    12 years ago

so funny! cute idea!

• geeme
    12 years ago

What a great idea to bring smiles to visitors,,, that is so cute!!! love your yard and the warden watching them,,, jail bird is too much LOL