Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jlily_gw

Tree Sprite

jlily
13 years ago

Hello All, I'm going to post a picture or two-just to show that I am still kicking. I painted this guy but that is all that I can lay claim to.

{{gwi:144500}}

{{gwi:144501}}

Enjoy!!

Comments (14)

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

He looks very content. And why not surrounded by the beautiful garden. I love the Japanese fern growing in the hollow.
    Kathy

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

What a cutie! Wonderful paint job. I love your choice of purple and green. Is it just the shoulders, arms and head? Or do you have him stuck in a hole? I have never seen half of a gnome if that's the case. I love your pink door and purple chair too! You're a gal after my own heart! Great idea planting the fern in the tree hole too and that ivy looks so wonderful it almost looks fake! lol! Great garden! Keep those pictures coming!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Very nice job painting the gnome!! I love the driftwood & the hummers hanging from the tree! Lots of interesting things in your garden! I'm on hold,nearly living at the hospital. 94 yr old dad had stroke week ago on sun. night. Vomited clear stomache juices for 6 hrs- we thought it was food poisoning. He has some balance problems but is in rehab & doing well so will be while before I can do anything but water yard & mow it. But he should be walking with cane in couple of weeks so hope that is true!! Jan

• jlily
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you all for your kind comments. Luna Llena It is just the head and arms. My X-daughter-in-law gave that to me-so he is special. Jan I am sending prayers for your dad's recovery. You know all of your work will wait for you!!

• marleneann
    13 years ago

I love the extra bits and pieces in your garden.

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Great paint job (love the polka dots) and that is the cutest 1/2 gnome I've ever seen (the only one too). What is spectacular, is the that tree, it has so much character. The ivy in that close up pic really does look fake it is so perfect. Glad to see you alive and kicking.
    Frou

• goldenpond
    13 years ago

cute!

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

jlily...I am loving your whole garden vignette! And that cute little gnome guy fits right in your tree! Love the plants you have surrounding him in that area.. the potted & barrel ones, too! Cute addition to your beautiful garden! TFS! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Looking good! Love the painted fern too! And all of the other tidbits in your garden.

• grandmathyme
    13 years ago

Great little vignette! I like the paint job on your gnome. He has beautiful blue eyes!!!

• nanagrandma
    13 years ago

Oh I love that tree filled with all those goodies, especially your gnome, love how you painted him.

Nanagrandma

• hostarhodo
    13 years ago

Nice setting. I have a similar tree with ivy and clematis on it. The fern is beautiful and a great idea, but I assume the squirrels who claim the tree would have other ideas if I planted something in the holes. Would like to try a hosta.

Betty

• kathi_mdgd
    13 years ago

Cute gnome.Please tell me where you got the hummers from.Love those guys and would love to find some of them also.
    kathi

• socalliegal
    13 years ago

Was he made like that? I have seen where they make them for laying down on the lawns but never 1/2. It came to mind a cookie jar top, but he looks like a statuary peice. I have an gnarled juniper that I was going to build a fairy troll door for...plus a Norfolk pine that has a large trunk that is close to the gnarled juniper and was going to make another fairy troll door for it as well.