Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Garden Junk Froggies, Dutch Shoes & 'Shroom!

jeannespines
12 years ago

A very warm day here in Iowa (above avg) for a change...so I got to be outside quite awhile & plant flowers/veggies & play w/GJ!

Remember me showing you some great stuff I rec'd from excessfroufrou in the SSanta exchange...well, the cool, metal "froggies" found a home at my barrel pond garden at the corner of the house! Do you like to play the game I SPY?

{{gwi:144525}}

Well, here they are close-up...aren't they the cutest! I think they were candleholders or something in their former life:

{{gwi:144526}}

{{gwi:144528}}

{{gwi:144529}}

And nearby on the patio, I put those little wooden Dutch shoes that I got for $1 in Feb. DH drilled holes in the bottom of them & I planted some smaller Hen & Chicks...

{{gwi:144530}}

Here's a close-up of the shoes...fun stuff!

{{gwi:144531}}

And out my porch windows is the big bird waterer garden & porch gardens...I filled these 3 terra cotta pots today w/plants...added my old resin squirrels to the front...they like to hang out in this area! LOL! I use pinecones, bark, pine needles, anything that works ...for mulch:

{{gwi:144532}}

Thought I'd add a cement 'shroom that made this winter:

{{gwi:144533}}

Now that warmer weather is here (but cooler coming again)...I will wait to add a pic of the whole bird waterer garden vignette...pretty bare right now. TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Comments (13)

• nanatricia
    12 years ago

So cute !!!!

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Lookin' good Jeanne! Love the frogs by your water feature...they are "hiding" just like the real thing! And I love the metal basket and chicken with the shoes too! So many nice things...glad you've finally having a little warmer weather too.

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Jeanne, everything looks wonderful. Glad you got a warm day to play.
    Marylee

• rock_oak_deer
    12 years ago

Very cute, keep the pics and ideas coming. Those little frogs work just right in your pond area.

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

I love those little frogs. They are so sweet! And they look quite happy around your barrel pond. Those wooden shoes are adorable. I have a pair that must be like man's size 13! lol! I will have to dig them out. Your cute squirrels look right at home with your bubble wrap (am I right?) mushroom.

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

You were very busy & it all looks great. Frogs are so cute, love the iron chicken in the basket! Do I get that with fries? (I miss the "Purple Cow" a drive-in that my hubby & I always went to when he took me back to college Sun. nights. We loved their food & malts- took our kids there years later & not so good- maybe being"newly" in love made the food taste better. Oh, they had chicken in a basket with fries(think it was them) Brookings,) So. Dak. Hope you have more nice days so you can work outside more. I'm just managing to keep all the stuff I planted watered & my dad's flower garden.3 bros flew in for dad's 95th birthday & their 70th anniversary tomorrow great surprise, dad liked seeing what I had done along side of house but it isn't filling in very fast as been so hot. hope it rains this weekend. Jan

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

Beautiful, Inspiring, Whimsical!!!!

• nonacook
    12 years ago

cute frogs--and I have played I SPY!
    Love the other stuff too!

• rafor
    12 years ago

Love the chicken!!! Everything is so green and lush. I'm still waiting here in New England for that to happen.

• oldcrafty
    12 years ago

Great gardens. The frogs and the squirrels are adorable. What a neat way to use the Dutch shoes

• excessfroufrou
    12 years ago

I knew you would find the perfect place for the froggies and you didn't let me down. Your photos of your gardens never cease to amaze me and I'm sure glad your getting some outside time, as opposed to "time out" being sick. That chicken in a basket and shoes are just darling, too, too, cute. I've been wanting to plant some, but they are so darn expensive around here, I have a few I bought at a garage sale last year, but they are not multiplying fast enough for me.
    Frou

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

It all looks wonderful. The frogs aree very cute. I love it when there are little surprises in the garden that you have to be close up to discover.
    Its been cold here in NH too but now warming up. Don't you just love spring?
    Kathy

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Digging into some more of the 'Secret Santa' GJ that I got from excessfroufrou this winter..here's a pair of birds that were maybe(?) Dollar Tree or Dollar Store ...w/lots of diff colors...

{{gwi:144534}}

...but I decided to spray paint them w/Hammered Brown & I LOVE the results. They are residing in my enclosed porch on top of a wall shelf:

{{gwi:144535}}

Here's a close-up view:

{{gwi:144537}}

Full view of wall shelf...

{{gwi:144539}}

And that pretty little metal candleholder w/cattails (in the 1st pic) is sitting on my door potting bench outside. It's been a busy yr around here as we are trying to re-side our house, too...so I haven't been getting alot of GJ'ing done! Happy Summer Gardening! Jeanne S.

Sponsored
Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions in Columbus