Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden Junk Froggies, Dutch Shoes & 'Shroom!

Posted by jeannespines 4 (My Page) on
Wed, May 11, 11 at 20:29

A very warm day here in Iowa (above avg) for a change...so I got to be outside quite awhile & plant flowers/veggies & play w/GJ!

Remember me showing you some great stuff I rec'd from excessfroufrou in the SSanta exchange...well, the cool, metal "froggies" found a home at my barrel pond garden at the corner of the house! Do you like to play the game I SPY?

Barrel Pond Frogs Full View 5.11

Well, here they are close-up...aren't they the cutest! I think they were candleholders or something in their former life:

Barrel Pond Frog A 5.11

Barrel Pond Frog B 5.11

Barrel Pond Frog C 5.11

And nearby on the patio, I put those little wooden Dutch shoes that I got for $1 in Feb. DH drilled holes in the bottom of them & I planted some smaller Hen & Chicks...
Little Dutch Shoes Vignette 5.11

Here's a close-up of the shoes...fun stuff!

Little Dutch Shoes CloseUp 5.11

And out my porch windows is the big bird waterer garden & porch gardens...I filled these 3 terra cotta pots today w/plants...added my old resin squirrels to the front...they like to hang out in this area! LOL! I use pinecones, bark, pine needles, anything that works ...for mulch:

Bird Waterer Garden Pots V 5.11

Thought I'd add a cement 'shroom that made this winter:
Bird Waterer Garden Pots 5.11

Now that warmer weather is here (but cooler coming again)...I will wait to add a pic of the whole bird waterer garden vignette...pretty bare right now. TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden Junk Froggies, Dutch Shoes & 'Shroom!

So cute !!!!

o

Lookin' good Jeanne! Love the frogs by your water feature...they are "hiding" just like the real thing! And I love the metal basket and chicken with the shoes too! So many nice things...glad you've finally having a little warmer weather too.

o

Jeanne, everything looks wonderful. Glad you got a warm day to play.
Marylee

o

Very cute, keep the pics and ideas coming. Those little frogs work just right in your pond area.

o

I love those little frogs. They are so sweet! And they look quite happy around your barrel pond. Those wooden shoes are adorable. I have a pair that must be like man's size 13! lol! I will have to dig them out. Your cute squirrels look right at home with your bubble wrap (am I right?) mushroom.

o

You were very busy & it all looks great. Frogs are so cute, love the iron chicken in the basket! Do I get that with fries? (I miss the "Purple Cow" a drive-in that my hubby & I always went to when he took me back to college Sun. nights. We loved their food & malts- took our kids there years later & not so good- maybe being"newly" in love made the food taste better. Oh, they had chicken in a basket with fries(think it was them) Brookings,) So. Dak. Hope you have more nice days so you can work outside more. I'm just managing to keep all the stuff I planted watered & my dad's flower garden.3 bros flew in for dad's 95th birthday & their 70th anniversary tomorrow great surprise, dad liked seeing what I had done along side of house but it isn't filling in very fast as been so hot. hope it rains this weekend. Jan

o

Beautiful, Inspiring, Whimsical!!!!

o

cute frogs--and I have played I SPY!
Love the other stuff too!

o

Love the chicken!!! Everything is so green and lush. I'm still waiting here in New England for that to happen.

o

Great gardens. The frogs and the squirrels are adorable. What a neat way to use the Dutch shoes

o

I knew you would find the perfect place for the froggies and you didn't let me down. Your photos of your gardens never cease to amaze me and I'm sure glad your getting some outside time, as opposed to "time out" being sick. That chicken in a basket and shoes are just darling, too, too, cute. I've been wanting to plant some, but they are so darn expensive around here, I have a few I bought at a garage sale last year, but they are not multiplying fast enough for me.
Frou

o

It all looks wonderful. The frogs aree very cute. I love it when there are little surprises in the garden that you have to be close up to discover.
Its been cold here in NH too but now warming up. Don't you just love spring?
Kathy

o

Digging into some more of the 'Secret Santa' GJ that I got from excessfroufrou this winter..here's a pair of birds that were maybe(?) Dollar Tree or Dollar Store ...w/lots of diff colors...

...but I decided to spray paint them w/Hammered Brown & I LOVE the results. They are residing in my enclosed porch on top of a wall shelf:

Dream Birds Wall shelf 6.11

Here's a close-up view:

Dream Birds Painted 6.11

Full view of wall shelf...

Wall shelf Display Spring 6.11

And that pretty little metal candleholder w/cattails (in the 1st pic) is sitting on my door potting bench outside. It's been a busy yr around here as we are trying to re-side our house, too...so I haven't been getting alot of GJ'ing done! Happy Summer Gardening! Jeanne S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here