Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marycoudriet

My very first garden totems

biddlebeach
14 years ago

I have been collecting glass items, ever since I saw what you guys have done with them! I was very excited to get these ones done.It has rained all day here therefore they are a tad bit wet. {{gwi:144576}}

{{gwi:144577}}

Comments (22)

• imjustsam
    14 years ago

They are great. If that is your beginning, I will be looking forward to many more posts. I really like the way you used shells inside the jar. I have kept all mine "naked" so far.

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

WONDERFUL JOB!!!

• nanagrandma
    14 years ago

Exceptional for your first try. I love the way you chose your different pieces and put them together. Can't wait to see your next creations!

Sylvia

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Love the shells & blue & clear glass. Your garden lady is lovely with her necklace &"trim" figure. Really did a wonderful job!! Thanks for showing us. Jan

• katishooked
    14 years ago

LOve em, esp the red fish bowl one. Great job.

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

Great Work!!!! I adore your garden lady!!!!

• cait1
    14 years ago

Those are FANTASTIC!!!! Like what imjustsam and Sylvia said... for a 'first timer', they are EXCEPTIONAL!! Keep up the great work and don't be shy with posting more of your stunning creations!

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Great Job!! I love your garden lady!! I know what you mean about the rain...I'm in VA and it's been raining since Sunday here! Ugh!

• biddlebeach
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you so much for the welcome and the great responses to my glass creations. My husband has finally just given up,( I Hope,,) when I say "I need this,, you know, for the garden,," LOL
    I will be posting more, of that you can be sure!
    thanks again!

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

Lovely, wonderful, fantastic! I'm sure your hubby actually enjoys your creations :-) .... I drag mine around with me treasure hunting sometimes just to drive him nuts hehe! ~tenderlee

• sorie6 zone 6b
    14 years ago

What beautiful totems. They are different ideas. TFS.
    I agree with everyone here please post more!!!

• susiesunshine
    14 years ago

S I M P L Y ~ ~ ~ A DORABLE ! ! ! !

These are just soooooo refreshing with the shells and
    the
    pretty colors and made to look so cute w/ hats !!!

Love your creative IDEAS !!!
    Thanks for sharing them with us !
    GodBless!
    SusieSunshine

• kudzukween
    14 years ago

Sweeeet!!
    kudzu

• marthacr
    14 years ago

They look great! I've been thinking of doing something with all my dd's beach treasures and have been thinking of trying a bowl-like totem. This comes close to what I had in mind. Has anyone any experience with leaving totems out in the winter in the northeast? Is there any glass I might find that will hold up to the weather better than others? I really don't want to have to tote (pun intended) my totem in and out each winter. I realize that I would have to make in watertight.

• biddlebeach
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you VERY much for all the great comments! I had a ball making them,, and have a new one in the works.
    Martha, I would think it would be best to bring them in, in the winter.. I would be heartbroken if they got broken in the winters here.

• blossomsandlace
    14 years ago

Love the totems! Great job, cant wait to see your next one.

• mjowest
    14 years ago

marthacr-
    Don't leave them outside if you have any freezing temperatures!
    I put some in a covered barn for the winter (zone 5-MI) and anything that had any moisture in it, froze and then cracked.

It's not worth it! Think of moving them as your exercise! :)

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

BB, welcome to our addiction. LOL. Looks like you are well on your way, and having fun creating these.
    Nice job.

hugs, Karen

• luckygal
    14 years ago

Very pretty totems! My DH wondered a bit about my sanity at first, now he finds glass for me at yard sales! Maybe he's just resigned. LOL

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

Great pieces! Love the garden lady and I really like the idea of putting things within clear glass things. (Does that make sense? lol) I am trying to figure out a hat for my vase "head." I've looked at ceiling light shades, you know those half round glass things, but they don't have much of a "brim." How did you do yours? is it a bowl on a plate?

I'm looking forward to your next project!

• biddlebeach
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you Purplemoon, Luckygal, andluna llena feliz,
    the brim on her hat is actually a clear glass salad plate, but I liked the design on it and you couldn't see it very well, so I painted the actually top of the plate with red enamel, I didn't even SEE the hat brim until I set it on top of that vase, then the wheels started to turn! FAST! LOL
    We had a frost last night and one of the first things my hubby did was be sure my totems were secured in the garage!
    What a guy!
    A warning to you all, I have two more on the workbench drying right now! will be outside soon and pics to follow!

• biddlebeach
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oops, sorry Luna, it is a salad plate, then I had to look forever for the topper for it, I eventually found a small candle holder thingy. it was just the right size ,and shape. this took quite a while to find though..

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor