Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Ideas

Posted by dietze4 (My Page) on
Wed, May 26, 10 at 21:50

I have come across about 100 1/4 inch thick fiberglass rods 12' long. I can get many more shorter pieces. Does anyone have any ideas for using these? I've thought of plant supports, lattice, fence panels, etc. I am looking for some idea that is really funky. Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Ideas

Make a bottle bush out of them! Stems for some flowers they all make out of plates .Send them to me ha!!

o

how about the salt & pepper shaker idea -- mount them on top and use them to edge a bed? or a paint them different colors and make a funky sculpture?

o

Are they clear or opaque? If they were clear you might be able to use them like fiber optics.

12 feet long and a quarter inch thick. Do they bend real easy? Do you have a picture of them?

o

Use to make large hoops to create shade for plants by covering with landscaping fabric, may need center support.

Use as hoops, again, by sticking ends in ground and have a very large ball and you could play croquet, etc. Can you imagine all the hoops you could have all over the yard. Also great fun for grandchildren to run through. Tents as well.

Or get really creative and grout them to the bathroom wall, light would reflect and look like mirrored walls.

Okay my imagination is running wild. Let me think on it.

Betty

o

Okay, thought about it overnight and came up with weaving them together, any length or width and making sunshades to hang on porch or verandah or even smaller ones to frame and hang with house number or name on them.

Betty

o

!. You cannot bend fiberglas too much.

2. If you work with them, make sure you ware gloves. Some fiberglass rods will make you crazy itchy.

3. You may sell them for a very good price on eBay, use the money to buy Lucite rods which you can bend, glue, "fiber glass" optic light fixtures -----.

dcarch

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here