Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

for the birds....found some neat ideas

Purplemoon
14 years ago

Triple level, mosaic birdbath I just saw on flickr. I love this!!

{{gwi:145168}}

and some wacky birdhouse designs from Winfield Collections

{{gwi:145170}}
{{gwi:145172}}

hugs, Karen

Comments (14)

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

Karen you find the coolest things! I put that birdbath pic in my personal inspiration album.
    Thanks.
    kathy

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I find a lot of cool inspiration on Flickr. Check out this mosaic cobalt bottle.
    {{gwi:145174}}

she's done more neat stuff. And in fact, lots of links on right to browse other cool ideas.
    Have fun,
    hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: garden art

• sorie6 zone 6b
    14 years ago

WOW what talent!!!! Wished I could do that!! TFS

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Karen thanks for this post. I just love the birdhouses. Unusual, but they fit in perfectly. The tc birdbath, hhmmm, I love it. Am thinking what a beautiful water fountain it would make. Holes are already there. Awesome.

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

These are so bright and lively! Great colors, etc. Thanks for sharing them!

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

I would live in any one of those bird houses. Hand me the bubble wrap, I'm moving in!!!!!!!!

Do not temp me with that mosaic TC bird bath fountain. I may go out and start dumping my plants on the ground like a crazy woman!!!!!! You know how easily the neighbors start gathering up around here and whispering to each other. "Susie is either doing the chicken dance again or she has totally lost it"!!!!!!!

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

I was thinking of doing my bottles like that. Saw some on some latvian site or somewhere. I like them.
    kathy

• novice_2009
    14 years ago

Very cool birdbath and the blue bottle is, too. The birdhouses are cool, but not my style. Thanks purplemoon for sharing!!! Truly inspiring.

• cait1
    14 years ago

VERY INSPIRING!!!! You know my eyes popped outta my head when I saw that mosaiced bird bath!!! And the colors on those birdhouses are fantastic!! What paint would she use? I can't recall seeing such bright colored paint in the craft stores here.
    Thanks for continually sharing these wonderful ideas with us!!

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

Great photo finds! I love the triple tiered birdbath and I agree with Kat that it would make a great fountain. I think I'll have to snag that one for my personal inspiration album too! The birdhouses sure are pretty. I love bright colors although I'm not sure I'd buy one. lol! My decor - inside and out - is more along the lines of natural colors but I can still admire them! Love the mosaiced blue bottle too. That would be easy enough to make with mirror tiles and stained glass globs. TFS!

• easystitches
    14 years ago

Cool stuff!
    so how do they do the curvy sides of those birdhouses.
    I see they are patterns, but I didn't see the curvy stuff in their supplies. I see it's used for curvy roofs too.
    Could a novice woodworker make these? Jill

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Cait, any place that sells paint should have the "primary colors" as they are called. And a coat of gloss poly spray would make them really pop like these. Or enamel paint tho I always use acrylics.

Easy, I think all the curves would be fairly easy to cut out. Looks like the sides are just scored to give that appearance, tho you could paint that effect on easily enough. Winfield sells the patterns for these birdhouses, but to be honest, I'd just blow up and print out one and make my own pattern. Sometimes if I want something a lot larger, then I crop a photo into several sections and print out each one. Then tape together a big pattern.
    These wacky bird houses are very cute, tho I think a little too colorful for me, LOL. But I still like the design idea and may try it on one.

I like this birdbath so much that I am thinking about buying the pots and just painting them. We've got some very pretty painted terra cotta pots in our albums that I'm going to see if one of them is what I'd like to try doing.
    My tipsy pots are hunter green with sponged white rims and I like how they turned out too.

hugs, Karen

• PRO
    Business_Name_Placeholder
    7 years ago

This is my birdbath - I made it years and years ago. It's awesome to see stuff of mine pop up online, but would be even more awesome if I got credit for it. Thanks. Cynde

• MsRed Byrd
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Oooh.. that gives me so many ideas... thanks!

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County