Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
quidam2

Planted 'head' I saw

quidam2
12 years ago

I found this in someone's yard while walking around LaCamas Lake. It is definitely not my style but I found it intriguing. Maybe they were warning people as their house was by the parking lot.

----Sheri

Comments (14)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

CREEPY! & weird!

• quidam2
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I was trying to get the picture in the post without a link. I hope you can see it. If not I have attached the link here.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hanging head

• puggranny
    12 years ago

Think I need that to go with bedpan windchime- however it might push hubby over the edge

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Sheri, I agree with Jeanne. Marylee

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

Would be great for Halloween! Doll heads do kind of creep me out. Although planters shaped like heads don't.

• caroleena
    12 years ago

that is random & weird. yuck...

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

I got a new neighbor down the road around the corner & it is a large property, gate was open as I came home & I slammed on my brakes, I thought someone had finished themselves off (I know of 2 that did & used a tree) there hanging in the "Y" of the large tree was a life size looking "human" head. As I looked I could see the uneven neck bottom but rest looked very real. Guy seems to be nice & waves as he goes by so guess it was just a little "sick humor" he did remove it after couple of weeks. Not my thing! I like to decorate for Halloween but my 'grave' is more likely to have boots neatly placed like guy is planning on using them again, no scary stuff!! Jan

• quidam2
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Puggranny--I definitely think this would put your hubby WAY over the edge! LOL

Yes, it is creepy. It goes way beyond Garden Junk!! But I couldn't resist sharing what I saw.

• User
    12 years ago

lol @ puggranny. I think that is too creepy for me. Of course it probably does make people think twice before entering their yard. I know it would make me think twice.

• jwahlton
    12 years ago

That looks like something that I would do! I so want a full manequin in my house. Someday I will get one

• organizedsarah
    12 years ago

I love it! Gave me quite a chuckle...but then, you should see my front yard graveyard for Halloween!

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

I think its a riot. TFS. But yes it is creepy too. I would do that for Halloween, but probably not the rest of the year.
    Kathy

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Wow...that would definitely creep me out....even though I might try using it on my not so nice neighbor next door!

• azcactusflower
    12 years ago

Some people just have a weird sense of humor. I personally would not like something like that in my garden, but then everyone to their own liking!!! We have an older man that drives a small size toyota and he has a doll head on the front of his truck, one on the top of his camper and another one on the ball hitch on the back of his truck. He does get the looks as he goes down the road. He looks friendly enough, and maybe he just likes the shocked looks on peoples faces. Who knows??? Thanks for sharing the pic. It might be nice for halloween.