Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Planted 'head' I saw

Posted by quidam2 (My Page) on
Sun, May 1, 11 at 22:38

I found this in someone's yard while walking around LaCamas Lake. It is definitely not my style but I found it intriguing. Maybe they were warning people as their house was by the parking lot.

----Sheri

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Planted 'head' I saw

CREEPY! & weird!

o

I was trying to get the picture in the post without a link. I hope you can see it. If not I have attached the link here.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hanging head

o

Think I need that to go with bedpan windchime- however it might push hubby over the edge

o

Sheri, I agree with Jeanne. Marylee

o

Would be great for Halloween! Doll heads do kind of creep me out. Although planters shaped like heads don't.

o

that is random & weird. yuck...

o

I got a new neighbor down the road around the corner & it is a large property, gate was open as I came home & I slammed on my brakes, I thought someone had finished themselves off (I know of 2 that did & used a tree) there hanging in the "Y" of the large tree was a life size looking "human" head. As I looked I could see the uneven neck bottom but rest looked very real. Guy seems to be nice & waves as he goes by so guess it was just a little "sick humor" he did remove it after couple of weeks. Not my thing! I like to decorate for Halloween but my 'grave' is more likely to have boots neatly placed like guy is planning on using them again, no scary stuff!! Jan

o

Puggranny--I definitely think this would put your hubby WAY over the edge! LOL

Yes, it is creepy. It goes way beyond Garden Junk!! But I couldn't resist sharing what I saw.

o

lol @ puggranny. I think that is too creepy for me. Of course it probably does make people think twice before entering their yard. I know it would make me think twice.

o

That looks like something that I would do! I so want a full manequin in my house. Someday I will get one

o

I love it! Gave me quite a chuckle...but then, you should see my front yard graveyard for Halloween!

o

I think its a riot. TFS. But yes it is creepy too. I would do that for Halloween, but probably not the rest of the year.
Kathy

o

Wow...that would definitely creep me out....even though I might try using it on my not so nice neighbor next door!

o

Some people just have a weird sense of humor. I personally would not like something like that in my garden, but then everyone to their own liking!!! We have an older man that drives a small size toyota and he has a doll head on the front of his truck, one on the top of his camper and another one on the ball hitch on the back of his truck. He does get the looks as he goes down the road. He looks friendly enough, and maybe he just likes the shocked looks on peoples faces. Who knows??? Thanks for sharing the pic. It might be nice for halloween.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here