Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More GJ Planters ...by the Ponds

Posted by jeannespines 4 (My Page) on
Fri, May 13, 11 at 23:40

The other day I planted this old Copper Kettle & Copper planter ... today I added my brown metal teapot to the vignette...all you totem people gave me the idea of making this "totem-like" w/a big brown insulator I bought at a GS last yr, I think:

CopperKettleVignetteHorizontalView5.11

Here's a better view of the Teapot totem ...I use teapots to water my plants:
CopperKettleVignetteTeapotTotem5.11

A "short" totem, I know! LOL! And here's another view...the barrel pond is at this corner...where I showed the metal froggies the other day:

CopperKettleVignetteVerticalView5.11

At the fish pond I used these planters...the cement square one w/pea gravel finish is quite old...bought it as a 2nd & it stays out all winter...tho I turn it upside down:

PondPlantersFisherboy5.11

At the other end of the fish pond is a cedar wood planter (gift a few yrs ago) & I filled it with Petunia's & an iron frog stepping stone (clearance buy last yr from HLobby)...I love HLobby!)

PonPlanterFrogSteppingStone5.11

You can see that same glass totem birdbath I made in May 2009...it has done good! It's so fun to get ideas from this forum!

TotemBirdBathTopFullView5.11

Another view shows the Red Dogwoods a bit & some of pond bridge. Seeing this pic, I think I need to add another of my cement 'Shrooms! TFLookin' & hoping May brings some more good weather after these upcoming couple days ahead of rain & cold! Jeanne S.
PondPlanterFrogFullView5.11

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More GJ Planters ...by the Ponds

Jeanne, everything is beautiful. It all just fits together so wonderfully!
Marylee

o

It's all beautiful! I love the bridge across the pond.

o

You have the neatest stuff, and the neatest yard, making me wish I was living next door to you to really enjoy it. I love it all, and have for a long time.

hugs, Karen

o

It's great to see your pretty birdbath again! I inherited a couple of copper pots like yours from my father-in-law. Now I'll have to plant them. One has holes rusted through the bottom so no drainage problems there. Your insulator is really different. I have never seen one like that before. Great ideas and pretty pictures! Keep 'em coming!

o

It all looks so nice. The mosaic planter, frog stepping stone to go with other froggies, the bird bath near the bridge! Very refreshing! Jan

o

Everything looks wonderful. I especially love the green birdbath.

o

Very pretty, it's all coming together so well. I always enjoy your combinations. TFS.

Shirley

o

Thanks, GJers...appreciate your comments.
So enjoyable to be outside (sometimes the 50's lately & sometimes the 80's & 90's...LOL!) Now if I can only catch up w/the weeds everywhere...will take some time since it's a late Spring here in IA.

GJ forum has given me so many fun ideas! So back at ya...keep the ideas & pics coming! Jeanne S.

o

Yes it all so cool!!!

o

Great pix, the brown teapot totem-ette is precious and looks great in it's natural surroundings. I've always loved the bird bath also.
Frou

o

LOVELY!! I love your pond area. Also the green totum. Thank you for sharing. JLily

o

Everything is so lovely! I love everything. You have a good sense of balance and color. I love the birdbath and teapost totems. The insulator is super cool!! Good job and again, TFS!!---Sheri

o

Beautiful! You really have a way with arrangement and color.
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here