Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brutuses

If poster of funny thread could

brutuses
15 years ago

please e-mail me the post I would appreciate it. I found it humourous because to me it was more of a stand up comic routine on a specific subject rather than any type of personal attack on anyone, including me.

It was obvious the poster didn't personally write all those comments but took them from other sources. I don't see why anyone would take it personally when from what I see here, some of you are very talented and surely shouldn't feel threatened by someone's idea of comedy. Did it contain something vulgar or obscene that I missed? Short of that, I don't know why it was deleted.

Comments (23)

• pattico_gw
    15 years ago

Can you tell me the name of the poster?

• brutuses
    Original Author
    15 years ago

No, I don't remember, but someone found a copy and sent it to me. Thanks

• dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m
    15 years ago

I am very disappoint that it was pulled.

I thought it had some good points, and I am not saying I am in agreement with those points.

We should allow more openness, diversity, criticism --- otherwise let's all move to China.

dcarch

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

It was a "Computer Troll". They go to various Forums and post inflamatory remarks to get attention. And it worked. It's like going in Mcdonalds and shouting veggitarian slogans. This was the wrong forum for those comments. The reason we have so many different forums is so everyone can find areas to 'harmonize', not insult. We are not a garden art 'debate Forum'. We are here to offer encouragement and inspiration to like-minded garden art lovers/crafters. I'm not even sure if their comments would fit on our 'conversations' side of Garden Junk.
    We do not come to criticise and be diverse. Maybe they can just create their own "Hate Forum", it is a free Country.

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

I agree with dcarch.
    I am surprised that it was pulled.
    kathy

• pattico_gw
    15 years ago

I was just wondering because we had someone banned the other day on the KT...none of his post were out of line as far as I'm concerned. I was just wondering if he had posted here also.

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

Pattico I think it was a woman "vikireed" was the user name. Was that the KT person?
    kathy

• susiesunshine
    15 years ago

GO ~ S U S I E ~ GO SUSIE ! ! ! GO SUSIE GO ! ! !

Right on my sister...
    You said it....

God Bless !
    SusieSunshine

~ ~ ~* PEACE * ~ ~ ~ LOVE ! ! ! & * * * JOY * * * ! !

• TwoMonths
    15 years ago

hear hear Susie, hear hear. Well said.

• cait1
    14 years ago

Let me first say I think this thread should have been started on the Conversations side... now with that being said, WHAT? I stay away for a couple of days and missed all this excitement?!

I hate being out of the loop! :-)

Susie, there is a 'Hate Forum' already established on Garden Web - it's called "Hot Topics"! (and yes, I am guilty of frequenting there, too! HAHA)(now all those HT people will get on me)

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

The cooking forum is making fun of us? ... and to think I thought of joining them ... NOT I guess lol ....

I didn't see any reason to remove the original thread though. There was no profanity, nothing to get so stirred up about .... y'all know what they say about opinions .... "everybody's got one" ..... you know the rest :-)

Thought it was pretty funny myself, and can't imagine the author of the thread taking that much time to vent ... maybe they need a more serious audience ... perhaps on a doctor's couch .... some Prozac for their OCD tendencies .....

and Hey, I was serious when I asked them to post pics of their yard! got my curiosity really going.

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

dcarch-

Thank you for sharing that thread from the cooking forum. (I'm not sure of the motive, but...) I had taken for granted the loving nature of the people that post here on Garden Junk. Nope, no mean high-school-girls here. Just good folks who would never take precious posting time to "fry" another forum. There is never any joy being around strife and contentiousness. Garden Junk is not reputiated as that kind of place.

I am deeply saddened that there are posters who communicate using terms like, "not our kind of people". That would keep people like me from wanting to post my cooking secrets. LOL OK, OK, I'll tell you. Put a little bacon grease, butter, sugar, and salt in EVER-FREAKIN-THING! It delights my guests and they say things like, "Ou girl, I dont know how you do it". Then we burp, scratch, and go out and hang in the bottle tree. Silly ol' us.

No more stirring the pot. If you find more condeming gossip just keep it a secret. (shhhhhhh) It shakes my faith in the general goodness of people. I just hate it when my bubble of goodwill gets busted!!!! LOLOL

14 years ago

susiewantsroses,

Let me first say, again, I disagree with many things expressed in that post, and I donÂt like the general tone of the writer's theme either; however, I did not see anything in that post to be in bad taste or specific personal character attacks.

Having said that, my motive is very simple. I believe that, as long as that post is not in violation of the rules of the Forum, no one has the right to take that away from someone else who feels that they want that post to remain. Freedom of speech is a basic right to be defended, and as you have seen there are people here who do not agree that the post should be pulled.

Furthermore, I donÂt feel it is right for a few members to dictate what the atmosphere and tone should be in this forum, even thought I do enjoy the very peaceful and friendly bunch of people here.

Censorship should never be tolerated, in any public forum, in any form.

I could be wrong, just MHO.

dcarch

• nonacook
    14 years ago

Actually I didn't think the cooking forum was too bad-LOL. Garden junk was formed because garden accoutrements didn't always like what we did. So some of the girls asked
    Spike to form our own, and Gard. acc. hardly have any posters now----
    This is nothing new about garden junk.
    We just live with it! GRIN

Cait, I checked the member list and vikireed doesn't exist. Did a search and still not to be found....

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

I come here to hear, learn & see garden junk. That poster didn't give me any inspiration whatsoever! Jan

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

Well said dcarch.
    Jan, I know what you are saying, but are we going to have a standard now that posts have to be inspiring? To whom, and who will make the decision?
    The fact that the thread was pulled bothers me much more than the original post which anyone could have ignored if they chose.
    One of the interesting/positive side effects of the post and the jokes now at our expense on other forums is I notice that one of the "they are NMKOP" posters is now thinking of making a mini bottle tree! HeHe we will take over the world! (By the way, how could anyone think we are all the same KOP?)
    And Susie you are a charming and talented person and I have to disagree with you and say: we are diverse, and about diversity.
    kathy

• cait1
    14 years ago

Thanks for the link.

I think it was so-so... but not Disneyland material. (referring to Spike sending people off to Disneyland)

But it was interesting to see what the cooks thought of the junksters!! LOLOLOL Hmmm, maybe they're just jealous!! LOL

• toomuchglass
    14 years ago

Boy - would I LOVE to post on the cooking forum ..... but I'd probably get banned ...... *sigh* .....

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

If this does become a forum where any ol' cyber Troll has the right to come and criticize and make fun of my art postings I probably will no longer post my pictures.

When did we start cloaking every inflamatory, rude, Kook with the "Freedom of Speech card"? What happened to disturbing the Peace? What happened to our right to post art projects in a safe environment without humiliation and mockery????

Maybe everyone would feel more "free" if there was bickering, criticism, and the distruction of the Forums.

What happened to common manners and polite treatment of others? Again I say, there are other forums available for attacking others. It was the poorest of common decentcy to post that diatribe here on Garden Junk.

Sorry Kathyprimrose. By diverse, I meant that we are here for a common goal- To share a "love" for Garden Junk. If I misunderstood the reason for the formulation of this Forum, I stand corrected.

I'm thinking that our "Vickireed" may be someone we know. Time will tell.

For now I will say again that I will keep posting my pictures as long as it is a safe environment with protection from humiliation and embarrassment.

14 years ago

If you are sure of what you are doing is worth while, no one, no matter how nasty, destructive, and judgmental, should be given the joy that they are getting on your nerves.
    I am actually curious and want to hear what Vickireed has to say why the following famous artists are in anyway doing better work than you guys here:
    Andy Warhol and his Campbell soap cans.
    Picasso and his unrecognizable figure paintings. (DidnÂt he also use a lot of junk for his sculptures?)
    Jackson Pollack and his splatter paintings.
    Piet Mondrian and his colored squares.
    Keith Herring and his one-line drawings.
    Claes Oldenburg and his baseball bat sculpture.
    And how about Grandma Moses?
    You may not realize this, you guys are doing something that is absolutely historic, for the first time in human history, art is being produced through digital cyber communications.
    You should also know that given the urgency of global warming, you guys art is telling the world how meaningful it is to recycle.
    Yes, Vickireed has every right to criticize.
    No, you do not have an obligation to defend what you do.

dcarch

• luckygal
    14 years ago

I don't think any of us should be at all upset by this poster. We are all above that. We are the ones, like the people on T2T forums, who recognize the value of recycling by reusing discarded items and saving them from the landfills. Other people who do not yet do this have not advanced to this level but hopefully (eventually) will while earth is still habitable.

We are the advance party for elevating objects which once were valued but fell out of decorative favor. We are the ones who are in step with nature and life. Others need to open their eyes and see what's happening on this planet.

I hope no one who read that critical rant will take it seriously. It's certainly not going to stop me from yard saling and creating garden junk.

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Concreteprimroses. I meant inspired by a headboard, totem, BB, or another object.Not to be inspired by what poster said. I want to "see" what might be my next project!! Hopeful out of something I already have around gathering dust!!!I'm thrilled with my potting bench/used to be heavy wood headboard & hope DD gets over for lesson on getting my pics out of where she put them so I can show you. Suppose some would think its still junk. Everybody that has visited thinks it's really nice. 6 ftx1ftx3 1/2 ft more left in landfill!!! Jan