Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lilies Among the Garden Junk or Vice Versa!

Posted by jeannespines 4 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 19, 12 at 0:03

In the Fall of '09, I moved my Lilies into a separate garden & planted some more, too ... getting a bit overcrowded but doing great this yr! Blooms galore this week!

Lily Garden Bird cage 6.12
Old picket fence gate, repainted birdcage & fence wire wreath.

Backside here is old iron wheel, cream separator (planted Nasturiums in it again) & smiley rock face I made from cement a few yrs back:
Lily Garden A6.12

Here's a fullview...birdhouses & garage sale turbine...still working & lookin' great! I love watching it spin from afar!
Lily Garden Full View 6.12

DHubby & I made all the birdhouses but one from recycled barnwood & old wood...still holding up good, too!

Gardens are growing like crazy! I'm doing some more galvanized tub plantings ...but here's a pic of the bottom of the 'tipsy buckets' ...it's doing great!

Tipsy buckets Bottom 6.12

Hope you've enjoyed my GJ'ing gardens! TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lilies Among the Garden Junk or Vice Versa!

Your lilies are beautiful, love those orange ones. The lilies compliment the GJ so nicely, makes me homesick(just a little-don't like the winter cold) Your birdhouse village is very inviting looking! Love the soothing colors in the last pic.The blue & gray look so good in the washpan. Jan

o

Postcard pretty, as usual! I especially like the first picture. Beautiful! I don't seem to have much luck with lilies. Arlene

o

You should submit to a garden junk magazine- I bet you'd be featured!

o

I love your lilies. They compliment your GJ arrangements. I think you have my birdcage?? Well--maybe one like it. The colors just pop in your pictures. TYFS Jlily

o

I love your gardens, and someday I hope I will
get mine back into shape and it will look as good
as yours! Working on it!!!!!

o

Jeanne, everything is absolutely beautiful. Marylee

o

Thanks for commenting, GJers...it's an early summer here...so heat & humidity has taken a toll...but everything is growing...so that is good! Lookin' at the pics, I need a diff 'bird' in that cage...something w/color...will have to keep an eye out! DH & I have been busy this Spring/Summer w/some volunteer work on empty FEMA lots in our nearby small town...life has been flying by! Happy 1st day of Summer tomorrow, June 20th! Jeanne S

o

Everything looks beautiful! Lilies are one of my all time favorites too...yours are looking so pretty! Love the vignette with the turbine too..really cool!

o

Jeanne, your lily garden is the perfect complement to your junk collection! I love the turbine, the bird cage, and the smiley face rock! Congratulations for your volunteer work on the FEMA lots.

o

Now you've inspired me yet again! I am gonna make a lily bed!!! I still have to build another sphere too....

o

The lilies are beautiful and I love the wind turbine and the bird cage.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here