Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My latest GW Hauls

Posted by dollydee 7 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 9, 10 at 0:32

Found some good junk the last couple of trips. I forgot to take pics of my YS finds this past Saturday, few good ones there too :)

Here is a link that might be useful: GardenJunk

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My latest GW Hauls

Yowza, you did good! It looks like a lot of plate flowers are in your future and I love those teapots! Make sure you post the "after" pictures of what you do with all those treasures!

o

I will...I'm trying to decide what I want to do with the teapots. They are small and the tops are so pretty, I don't know about doing a totem. I thought about making individual garden stakes out of them.

Even the little pink flower one is a teapot, it's too cute! Most of them were between 59 and 99 cents! The teapot birdhouse was $2, I found it right as I was about to leave and made one more pass, they had just put it out. I went to a different GW and their prices were a lot better!!!

o

Wow Dollydee...you hit the jackpot! Love all of your glassware and teapots, etc. And your house is beautiful too...hope you don't mind me sneaking a peek! Can't wait to see your creations....I like the idea of individual garden stakes!

o

Dollydee- you scored some beautiful teapots!! I wish the GW in our town was that affordable. Great deals!! If you were making totems with them, the teapot tops would make great centers for the dish flowers. Please post photos of the finished product.
-Sprout

o

I put drainage holes in mine, and plant them with herbs in my herb garden -- herbal teapots. Mine aren't nearly as cute though! Winter project...painting & mosaicking teapots!

o

Marlene, no I don't mind you sneaking a peek...LOL I do need to update those pixs though :)

Sprout, thanks for the tip on the teapot tops :) I'll remember that when I do make teapot totems.

I've got too many irons in the fire right now! I want to play with all my new junk, but I'm trying to finish my first shutter birdhouse and I've got to stop everything long enough sit down and plan my only granddaughter's 2nd birthday cake for the 19th, so I can get the fondant made in advance as it's easier to work with after it sits for a couple of days.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here