Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'cobalt' paint tip

Posted by purplemoon z9 Phoenix (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 5, 10 at 0:50

I know many of us here love cobalt in the garden, at least for our glass pieces. But occasionally I have something small I'd like to paint that color. And I found the perfect spray paint! Actually I didn't see anything that said it was cobalt, and when the salesguy asked what I wanted, he recommended Krylon Fusion's NAVY. I already knew that besides being for plastic, Fusion works on any other surface just as well. But in looking at the cap color on the Navy, it was so dark it was almost black looking. He assured me it would be just what I wanted. (and I'm thinking to myself what does this guy know about cobalt anyway! LOL). But he talked me into it. And dang, he was absolutely right! Its PERFECT! I couldn't believe how it matched my cobalt bottles in the garden.
Anyway, just in case y'all might want to try it....

hugs, Karen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'cobalt' paint tip

Thanks for the tip!!! LLLLoooove cobalt blue!!!

o

I have a couple of bottles that are cobalt blue out there, glad to know you can get a color to match! Thanks! Jan

o

Great tip Karen, thanks!
I've been thinking it would be nice to paint up some pots.
Kathy

o

Yes, thanks Karen! I love that color in the garden...would never have tried Navy on my own!

o

Here's a wire bird I painted. Can you believe Krylon Fusion actually has this named NAVY!! And the spray can cap is definitely Navy!
The little bird was formly kind of off white with some lgt green and pink tints, but the weather had long ago bleached him out. I like him much better blue. He's right under my cobalt bottle tree now.

Photobucket

hugs, Karen

o

Oh, I love your bird! Cobalt, for sure! I jotted down that name! Thanks so much, purplemoon! Please show your cobalt tree again when you can...I'm still working on project for the 4 blue bottles I've collected...want about 4 or 5 more. Jeanne S.

o

NAVY ??? noooooooooo-- that's Cobalt .

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE TIP !!!

o

Can you imagine the poor folks who buy that paint thinking its Navy! I'm sure glad that salesman knew what he was talking about tho, else I'd never have used it.

Jeanne, here's the bottle tree again. Its the metal tree form from Collections Etc. I am missing two bottles and keep watching for more. This was last year's pix. The bird with the bread in his mouth is the male grackle who comes here with his 5 "wives" from Apr to Sept. They love to dip bread in the water before they eat it.
I've GOT to repaint that birdbath. The Fleck Stone is really coming off now.
Big Bird...male grackle in my Blue Garden

hugs, Karen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here