Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aka_strawberrygoat

in the library???

aka_strawberrygoat
13 years ago

yep, right there at the check out desk....

I got the biggest kick out of it, so had to go out to my car and get my camera..lol

{{gwi:146078}}

{{gwi:146079}}

{{gwi:146080}}

{{gwi:146081}}

Comments (10)

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Holy Crap...wonder who 'thunk' that up?
    I like the bird nest, but those legs are waaaaay too weird for me. Sure must be a conversation starter, which may not be a good thing in a library. LOL.

Thanks for sharing,
    hugs, Karen

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Well, legs are shapely. but what is with the feathers on them. Now we came from a chicken??? You certainly have a lovely library. Ours people think is a car-wash or say"what were they trying to do?? It's tall covered with lots of metal & windows(did anyone tell them it's hot summers here, can't imagine the heat & AC bills).Oh,decorations, bunch of huge carnival like teddy bears in a display like window that were falling over last time I looked. Less books than old 1 had & don't bother to go any more. Just few tables to sit at. Jan

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Its a riot. Jan is on the right track i think. Perhaps meant to be some sort of fertility symbolism?
    Actually makes me want to mosaic some legs up for the garden, she said smiling happily at the thought. Or maybe a whole womanakin.
    Kathy

• stolenidentity
    13 years ago

Wow. aka strawberrygoat, looks like we're in the same general area and I wonder if you'd mind telling me where the heck this library is LOL!!

• aka_strawberrygoat
    Original Author
    13 years ago

it's the Tumwater library...

how close are you?

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Well, all I can say is hmmmmmmmm......

• grandmathyme
    13 years ago

You gave me a giggle with the legs pic! I was at that library for a gardening lecture a few weeks back and saw those legs and had to just stand and stare at them for a while. My first thought was it came from a "procession of the species" parade float...for the rest of you, that's a celebration held here every year and they have the MOST unusual entries! My second thought, of course, was "where can I get a pair of mannequin legs"...I even went so far as to do a web search of mannequins online! LOL!

• kelly_oh
    13 years ago

LOVE IT!!! Yeah, I'm with Grandmathyme, I think I'll be on the lookout for mannequin legs. or arms. or heads. :)

• toomuchglass
    13 years ago

That is soooooooo funny !!! Someone has a vivid imagination !!!!!

PS -- I LOVE IT ,TOO !

• aka_strawberrygoat
    Original Author
    13 years ago

oh, yes, the procession....

it's celebrated for Earth Day, followed by Arts Walk, usually in April
    you wanna have a fun 10 minutes watching it?
    it's a riot.

go to google, for ( procession of the species olympia Wa 2010 )and it should take you to at least one video on YouTube.
    you can see what kind of fun, some 'bent' folks do, who live in the wonderful OLympia/Lacey/Tumwater area, for entertainment..lol

everyone is encouraged to take part..watch, build, march, whatever one likes, then afterwards is the Art Walk, throughout downtown Olympia.
    artists display their work, in all kinds of store fronts.

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner