Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
in the library???

Posted by aka_strawberrygoat PNW-8 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 5, 10 at 0:52

yep, right there at the check out desk....

I got the biggest kick out of it, so had to go out to my car and get my camera..lol

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: in the library???

Holy Crap...wonder who 'thunk' that up?
I like the bird nest, but those legs are waaaaay too weird for me. Sure must be a conversation starter, which may not be a good thing in a library. LOL.

Thanks for sharing,
hugs, Karen

o

Well, legs are shapely. but what is with the feathers on them. Now we came from a chicken??? You certainly have a lovely library. Ours people think is a car-wash or say"what were they trying to do?? It's tall covered with lots of metal & windows(did anyone tell them it's hot summers here, can't imagine the heat & AC bills).Oh,decorations, bunch of huge carnival like teddy bears in a display like window that were falling over last time I looked. Less books than old 1 had & don't bother to go any more. Just few tables to sit at. Jan

o

Its a riot. Jan is on the right track i think. Perhaps meant to be some sort of fertility symbolism?
Actually makes me want to mosaic some legs up for the garden, she said smiling happily at the thought. Or maybe a whole womanakin.
Kathy

o

Wow. aka strawberrygoat, looks like we're in the same general area and I wonder if you'd mind telling me where the heck this library is LOL!!

o

it's the Tumwater library...

how close are you?

o

Well, all I can say is hmmmmmmmm......

o

You gave me a giggle with the legs pic! I was at that library for a gardening lecture a few weeks back and saw those legs and had to just stand and stare at them for a while. My first thought was it came from a "procession of the species" parade float...for the rest of you, that's a celebration held here every year and they have the MOST unusual entries! My second thought, of course, was "where can I get a pair of mannequin legs"...I even went so far as to do a web search of mannequins online! LOL!

o

LOVE IT!!! Yeah, I'm with Grandmathyme, I think I'll be on the lookout for mannequin legs. or arms. or heads. :)

o

That is soooooooo funny !!! Someone has a vivid imagination !!!!!

PS -- I LOVE IT ,TOO !

o

oh, yes, the procession....

it's celebrated for Earth Day, followed by Arts Walk, usually in April
you wanna have a fun 10 minutes watching it?
it's a riot.

go to google, for ( procession of the species olympia Wa 2010 )and it should take you to at least one video on YouTube.
you can see what kind of fun, some 'bent' folks do, who live in the wonderful OLympia/Lacey/Tumwater area, for entertainment..lol

everyone is encouraged to take part..watch, build, march, whatever one likes, then afterwards is the Art Walk, throughout downtown Olympia.
artists display their work, in all kinds of store fronts.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here