Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lovesflowers2010

My Fence

lovesflowers2010
13 years ago

Hi There. I thought I would share pictures of my fence. I call it my yard sale fence because many of the items come from yard sales. Many times the free pile! If the item looks ratty I just get out the spray paint. I paid a dollar for the ladder. It's from a bunk bed set. I've admired many of the creatures posted on this board for quite a while. You inspired me! ~Norma

Here is a link that might be useful: Pictures of my fence

Comments (13)

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

How fun! My friend's neighbor has a big unsightly fence that borders the back of her yard. It's painted to look like redwood and isn't in the best of shape. I keep telling her she needs to do something like this to make it look more interesting. I love those butterflies! I'll have to show her your pictures. TFS!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Nothing boring about this fence!! Looks Great!!Goes nicely with your garden beds. Looks like wheelbarrow is planted too!Nice butterflies! Jan

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Norma you're having so much fun with this! Isn't spray paint good stuff? Cute idea to paint the grass on the bottom (I can never get rid of the real weeds growing at the bottom of my fence!) Post another pic every now and then as you add more.
    Kathy

• nonacook
    13 years ago

Wonderful fence!!!!

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Well, hello to a fellow spray paint queen. You did a bang-up job on that fence. I love the mix of different things and the ladder and the wheelbarrow really make it 3-D. Thanks for the pix.
    Frou

• susiewantsroses
    13 years ago

That is one amazing fence!!! However, that raised bed, square foot garden is WONDERFUL!!! Did you see the movie "IT'S COMPLICATED" with Meryl Streep? She had a garden like that. What GardenWeb Forum do you post about your garden on?

• lovesflowers2010
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I just went back and read my post. The word "creatures" is supposed to be "creations". That's what happens when I post late at night. LOL

Thanks for all the kind comments. I've never posted about my garden on the board. In fact this is the first time I have posted. I definitely have done some reading though. I LOVE yard art and I have seen some great pictures on this board.

My garden beds were built to deter gophers. Before they were filled with dirt a very tight layer of wire was put down and attached. The gophers tried but they never got in last year. The year before they were installed I lost over 30 tomato plants. One a day for a month and a half until they were all gone. They took out my pepper plants, and onions too. I haven't seen the movie "It's complicated" yet but it's on my list!

I'll have to take more pictures of my garden. It's grown quite a bit in the last couple of weeks. I don't know which forum to post them in though. How do you post pictures in the thread itself? Do you do it with html?

Thanks for the encouragement!

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Well how cute is that?! LOVE your fence...it brings a smile to my face for sure! How clever and so many wonderful treasures on there! Thanks so much for sharing it with us and welcome to the junkyard! We LOVE pictures, so please go ahead and share your garden with us!

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

lovesflowers...WOW! This certainly is a bright, cheerful, peaceful place to wander! Love your fence & recycling finds...and your raised bed gardens & path! That wheelbarrow looks wonderful up there with the vines growing...yes, very 3-d'ish! Thanks for joining us & have fun in your gardens! Lookin' forward to more pics! Jeanne S.
    p.s. I loved "It's Complicated" too, susieroses! Laughed so much!

• toomuchglass
    13 years ago

I love your fence !!! (Makes me wish I would have painted mine now .) Keep on adding to it - the more the better !

High 5-ing ya !!

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

I love love love your fence!!!

• shadyswing
    13 years ago

What a wonderful fence! -I can imagine its cheer brightening even a cloudy day!

• nanagrandma
    13 years ago

DITO!DITTO!DITTO! Your fence made me smile today, definitely creations and very good use of your finds. I have to go back and look at all the details again.
    Keep Posting

Nanagrandma/Sylvia

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus