Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luna_llena_feliz

What I did on my summer vacation ...

luna_llena_feliz
12 years ago

This past weekend my husband, a friend, her cousin and I went to a garden festival in Cable, Wisconsin. Us girls took some classes on how to make a hypertufa planter and a living wreath with sphagnum moss and succulents. Like a doofus, I forgot to bring my camera to the festival itself (it was in the car with my husband) so I didn't get pictures of the classes, the vendors and the gardens around the greenhouse where it was held. Any way, on the way home, we stopped at the Wisconsin Concrete Park in Phillips.

The Concrete Park was the brainchild of Fred Smith. Fred owned a tavern next door to the park and put all the broken glass and area rocks to good use. In 1948 he got a little bored and started creating concrete sculptures until he suffered from a stroke in 1964.

I took a bunch of pictures at the Concrete Park. If you click the link below, it should take you to my Photobucket album.

The hotel we stayed at was only $49/night! It was a ski resort built in the 1940s. Still in great shape with awesome views. Emeril Lagasse was once the chef there.

The garden center where the festival was specializes in succulents. If you want to learn more about them, go to www.simplysucculents.com.

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Fest Pictures

Comments (11)

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz