Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

Going to the Chapel Birdhouses and a Few Others

kirkus
16 years ago

Thought it would be fun to share some of my birdhouses... This first one is made from old ceiling tins from an old church. Got it on EBay at a great price (less than $10) and sanded it down so it would rust. I LOVE RUST! Placed it on my rustic fence in my backyard. If those tins could tell a story.

{{gwi:146195}}

{{gwi:146196}}

This birdhouse is one that also sits on my rustic fence in our side yard. Took this photo for our Christmas card last year. Love the snow on the church.

{{gwi:145865}}

This one is a jar birdhouse I bought from a catalogue...the birds moved right in!!!!

{{gwi:146197}}

{{gwi:146198}}

This is a birdhouse made from a little bit of everything!!! It has a rusty, metal roof and all kinds of doodads.
{{gwi:146199}}

Finally, this birdhouse I made from an old, hollowed out log. I drilled a hole for the opening, added an old doorknob and cedar shakes for the roof. The squirrels moved into this one. See that piece of ladder? That was leftover from the garden trellis I made out of an extension ladder that I posted awhile back. (Can you tell that tree was hit by lightning? Didn't kill it though. Just scared us!!!!)

{{gwi:146200}}

I am such a avid birdwatcher! Thought I'd share a few of my birdhouses. I'll post more in the future! Enjoy! I am so inspired by the ones displayed and made on GardenWeb Junk postings!!! Kirk

Comments (12)

Sponsored
We believe that great design should be accessible to everyone