Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nanagrandma_gw

Wisteria, Grapevines, Roses and Succulents

nanagrandma
13 years ago

In reading Giggles post about Kiwi Vines I thought I would post my arbors. On the Discussion side I have posted more pics of my Succulents.

Wisteria it is fast growing and you cannot kill it but when it is flowering it is beautiful. You have to be careful because the vines entwine the wood of the arbor so my DH makes sure it grows on the top slates, otherwise it can uproot the posts. BUT this year my DH cut it all down, but like I said it won't die.

Sylvia/NanaGrandma

Arbor with Wisteria side view

{{gwi:146256}}

Arbor w/o Wisteria

{{gwi:146257}}

Grape Vine Arbor

{{gwi:146258}}

Red Rose Arbor with Champ guarding it, LOL

Sorry my totem is dirty in this pic!

{{gwi:146259}}

Sucullent Area

{{gwi:127162}}

Comments (13)

• nanagrandma
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OOOps did it again the succulent pics are on the Conversation side!

Sylvia

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

I see little ... probably thrift shop finds ... on the shelves with your succulents so I think that qualifies for the Discussions side! Your arbors and those roses are beautiful! I can see why you have a trained attack dog guarding them. he-he It's amazing how some pets just have to ham it up for the camera while my mother's last pooch wouldn't sit still for a picture for nothing. Btw, I would have never known the totem was dirty. Great pics and TFS!

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Great looking arbors...they always look so serene and inviting! Love the rose arbor....beautiful! TFS!!

• Deb Kozuszek
    13 years ago

Love your arbors especially the first one! I love the succulents too-- they seem to be easier for me to grow than flowers on my hot and sunny decks.

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

WOW! Beautiful!!! Just gave me inspiration for my grape arbor idea! I like the bench and I like the hammock ideas!!!

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Beautiful gardens, nanagma! I am lovin' your succulent vignette! Like calamity, I the hammock idea in the grape arbor is wonderful! (instead of just between 2 trees!)

Love the arbor "w/o Wisteria" ...LOL! TFS! Jeanne S.

• garden2garden
    13 years ago

Beautiful pictures! I love arbors, and I love yours, especially the one with the seats, it looks so cute and old fashioned. I want to try and build one along those lines.

I'll bet your wisteria arbor is so beautiful when it's in bloom. We have a lot of wisteria here, but it is so vigorous, I'm not brave enough to tackle the work it would take to grow it on an arbor.

Your red rose with the black iron arbor is gorgeous. Do you know what the name of the rose is?

I love succulents too. Looks like you've got some interesting ones. Thanks for the posting the pics, it's been a pleasure to see your beautiful arbors.

• nanagrandma
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the kind comments!
    garden2garden I am so sorry I don't know the name but it is a climbing one. I also have a yellow rose on iron arbor. I love arbors and my DH makes them for me. Right now he is working on another one as soon as he has it up I'll post it.
    Luna on the conversation side is a better pic of my succulent which show some red cement blocks painted red to hold my succulents, does that count LOL

Sylvia

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Your whole garden is soooo inviting!
    Kathy

• TwoMonths
    13 years ago

Edna they are still beautiful. I have to trim my wisteria back yearly after bloom but it has still crushed my corner patio post. Well, I think the succulents are fine cause you have them within this thread. If some people get too technical you would have to put them on the exact spot where others post their big time collections. And that rose is still a beautiful rose and I love it. Is the dog a different one from the one I met? June

• nanagrandma
    Original Author
    13 years ago

June(Twomonths) Yes our black lab went to doggy heaven right after Christmas, she had cancer. So even though we said no more heart break, we got Champurrado(Champ) from the shelter, he is still a puppy and doing all kinds of mischief, but one good thing he does is peel off the bark from the Palm Tree so he is a true GardenJunk dog, LOL

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

I remember the pic of your dog on other side, he is so beautiful, such coloring, glad he is keeping it! The red rose is stunning! Love the arbors. My lop Snoopy loved grape leaves so that is what I think of every time I see them. Wisteria is beautiful is it purple or white? But I know it can really take over. Nice you have so much room & looking forward to seeing your DH's next arbor!! Sure helps shade things from the Ca. sun too. Jan

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

I love your arbors!! They look great but!! You can kill wisteria. I did by cutting it back to much.It was getting out of control.O well!

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County