Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bottlebug

Posted by kirkus (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 26, 11 at 2:12

Had to post our bottle bug. We originally received our bottle bug from Luvs2click in the Garden Junk Secret Santa Exchange several years ago. The original bottle faded so this year we replaced it with a cobalt blue bottle from Michaels. My wife Carol found the crystal "eyes" online. :o) We hung this over our water feature. :o) Thank you, Luvs2click for inspiring us! Bear Hugs! Kirk

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bottlebug

Pretty blue! He looks right at home with your watering can water feature.

o

Kirk..He is so neat. I love it.
Marylee

o

Thank you! I give all of the credit to Luvs2click. She is so talented! Because of her, I now want an outhouse potting shed in my garden. :o)

o

How funny is that, bringing bugs back to life, instead of swatting them. He turned out great and of course I adore the blue.
Frou

o

Oh I remember making him - it was my first attempt and couldn't find a blue bottle anywhere (that was on Carol's wish list). He looks much better now. Love the barrel pond - we're hoping to put a pond in next summer! Can't wait!
Arlene

Here is a link that might be useful: lightning bugs!

o

Very cute!! It looks better than most real bugs I've seen!

o

I like this bottle bug so much better than the real ones! Cobalt blue! (it's you, Kirk! & Carol!) Nice recycle again! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

he's just too cute.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here